912 fitting problems

zodiac3813

Hi everyone,

has anyone else had trouble fitting the 912 to the Skyranger? The extension bracket for the ignition modules does not come with the kit, so there is not even a pattern to make one (obviously it is supplied in the UK kit). The short diagonal brace seems to interfere with the ignition pickups and everything else near it (I think it would be far better turned the opposite way to the instructions, but there's NO WAY I'm dismantling that mess of bolts, washers and tension!).... tearing my hair out! Anyone else had the same problems? Any photos of home made brackets? Any ideas???

Cheers, Jim.

Hi everyone,has anyone else had trouble fitting the 912 to the Skyranger? The extension bracket for the ignition modules does not come with the kit, so there is not even a pattern to make one (obviously it is supplied in the UK kit). The short diagonal brace seems to interfere with the ignition pickups and everything else near it (I think it would be far better turned the opposite way to the instructions, but there's NO WAY I'm dismantling that mess of bolts, washers and tension!).... tearing my hair out! Anyone else had the same problems? Any photos of home made brackets? Any ideas???

Cheers, Jim.

Hi Jim.

I know a couple of guys who have fitted Rotax 912 (both 80 hp & 100 hp) to Skyrangers. If you PM me with your email address I can forward to them - they are good guys and I am sure will help out - as I am sure would Greg Robertson on this site as he is the Skyranger agent, (I believe).

Suggest you drop him a line too.

Cheers

Neil