A new Nynja in the area

cscotthendry

There are now three Nynjas flying in Australia. Strangely they are all bassed at Watts Bridge in Qld. There are another three under construction. One in Echuca, one in Camden and of course Mark Allen"s new kit in Brisbane. There will shortly be another kit on its way. The best value for money on the market at the moment. Yes I am biased too but with very good reason.

Greg.

• Winner 1

When you say "payload" that's kind of a vague term. The empty weight is somewhere around 280-300Kg depending on how light you build it. With the long range tank it can carry 94L of fuel (about 66Kg) and they are rated for a MTOW of 540Kg here in Oz. So that works out to about 180-190Kg "payload" of people and luggage. (with full fuel). It's not quite that simple though as there are weight and balance considerations. But they will carry a bit.

I forgot to say that the wings have been tested to +6g-3g at 550Kg. (See Greg's site)

http://www.skyranger.com.au/news.html

• Like 1

Just to expand on Scott's explanation. The three Nynjas flying in Australia weigh in at between 282 kgs and 295 kgs. All three have an aluminuum long range tank which is very heavy (14 kg) largly made of 2.5mm aluminium plate. We now have available a similar long range tank made of lighter material which weighs in at about 7.5 kg. a saving of 6.5 kg.

The Brits build these aircraft at 265kg with the standard 60 litre tanks. There is really no reason why we can't build them at 270 kg. with a long range tank that we really need here. This would give a payload of 270 kg ie two people at 85kg full fuel (90 litres) and 36kg of luggage.

Greg.

• Informative 1

• 1 month later...

Howdy all :) Yes.. I'm enjoying building it.. Even started on the RA-Aus Paperwork (19-2804 Registered!) Been hard'ish at it for the last month and a half, mostly working on the weekends due to full time work committments (but normally get 1-2 hours a night, even if its just sitting and figuring out things) I've started a Kitlog which is available at www.mykitlog.com/marknynja and my personal website is www.markjamesallen.com (its running off a adsl connection so the link may be a little slow.. will eventually move it to a hosted web service.. one day..) Build Day 001-021 are up there now.. will work on 022 and 023.. Finished fitting the fuel tank this afternoon with some gentle encouragement from Scott, and spent the last hour replacing the temp blue nuts (yes.. there blue.. and no.. there not that.. gawd get your minds out of the gutter) with the final locknuts and locktight.. Going flying tomorrow so sadly, thats all for this weekend.. but all work and no flying makes me duller than usual :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Greg was at Mackay with his Skyranger Nynja to check the wing frame assembly and the build so far. I got to fit the wing structure and verify the front vertical cockpit tube positions. Also one wing covered and can now get on with fitting the ailerons and flaps and covering the starboard wing. Also mounted some items to the fire wall, gascalator colector bottle etc. The images are of the build to date and Gregs Nynja at Mackay shows the new Nynja will fit in the hangar. Greg was a great help and seeing over his Nynga again showed how things fit and were to mount certian parts. The information is very helpful to me.

Cheers

Mike

Guest Maj Millard

image.jpg.34228c8cad3bdbf5caf992cc6ad6a0c3.jpg

Ninja parked beside me at Narromine on way to Natfly 2014 this year. Possibly you Scott ?......we arrived /departed at different times so didn't get to hook up.......this was an early departure for me...you wouldn't have been too far behind. I've met Scott before at Old Station and been offered a Ninja ride, will jump in next time for sure, should be a great aircraft with traditional construction, 912 Powerplant and good looks..............Maj.....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

[ATTACH=full]32365[/ATTACH]Ninja parked beside me at Narromine on way to Natfly 2014 this year. Possibly you Scott ?......we arrived /departed at different times so didn't get to hook up.......this was an early departure for me...you wouldn't have been too far behind. I've met Scott before at Old Station and been offered a Ninja ride, will jump in next time for sure, should be a great aircraft with traditional construction, 912 Powerplant and good looks..............Maj.....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Hi Ross

That would be Greg's Nynja. The build at Mackay is moving along. I am planning to take a weeks holiday soon so that will really get build jobs done. Look forward to when you are down this way next.

Cheers

Mike

Guest steve woods

Hi Mike,

Have now completed the 25 hour test period and waiting for the rego label,.

still amazed at the performance.

yesterday spent 2 hours flying around the local area Kotta (near Echuca) at 4000 rpm at 73 kts very relaxing

only adjustments were trim changes . Flys hands off

Steve

These are the images for the previous post about the build at Mackay.

P1050282small.JPG.e7e537c035b7f254a15bbb5d6df71959.JPG

Fitting the wings.

P1000697small.JPG.b43b3e9d7f607f09b4f68006336858c6.JPG

Gregs Skyranger Nynja in the Hanger at Marian. Can't wait until 19-2804 is in its spot.

P1050437small.JPG.05f70ef99bd78a200cc857580f135684.JPG

Front on view and covered wing on right.

P1050298small.JPG.cfd4b8e342e91e9f34ed77147a2f1d84.JPG

Inserting the batterns.

P1050437small.JPG.4cc50ecb43408f9008719c455987ba5f.JPG

P1050437small.JPG.13409b15b698307fe4f3d4e26d2265ba.JPG

P1050437small.JPG.0df9ad7ee42f15cc83561af464598229.JPG

Hi Mike,Have now completed the 25 hour test period and waiting for the rego label,.

still amazed at the performance.

yesterday spent 2 hours flying around the local area Kotta (near Echuca) at 4000 rpm at 73 kts very relaxing

only adjustments were trim changes . Flys hands off

Steve

That's good news Steve. I just got the images attached for my previous post (#14).

Cheers

Mike

Guest Maj Millard

So wing wise looks like the standard cable braced ladder type construction, with slide over cover and inserted batterns. This type of wing has served us well in the past on Drifters, Thrusters and many others while keeping weight to a minimum......

Hi Ross.

I looked for you at Narromine when we were there together but couldn't track you down, you were long gone when I got up. The construction is as you suspect, simple strong and light. Drop in on Mike when you get the chance I know he would like another experienced set of eyes to look over his work which is of high standard but you can never have too many checks.

Greg.

• Agree 1

Guest Maj Millard
Hi Ross.I looked for you at Narromine when we were there together but couldn't track you down, you were long gone when I got up. The construction is as you suspect, simple strong and light. Drop in on Mike when you get the chance I know he would like another experienced set of eyes to look over his work which is of high standard but you can never have too many checks.

Greg.

Yes I Plan to Greg when I get back from the board meeting this weekend........Cheers, Ross

• 1 month later...
Planning the panel layout #1.I'll place the master, push button start and AMag 1 & 2 switches, fuel pump and carb heat below the VSI and trim guages. A GT-50 goes in the lower left small dia side.

[ATTACH=full]32488[/ATTACH]

Started cutting out the pamel. Only done the 2 1/4" guage holes waiting for the 3 1/8" holee saw to arrive.

All good superglued the furry edges of the fibres on the hole ID and sanded with sandpaper wrapped around a wine bottle neck; the finish was perfect. (A great idea that someone else though of and I used.)

Cheers

Mike

P1050964.JPG.0152b28503cc592b621857a6e7ac9114.JPG

P1050968.JPG.43675bc56b1916954b18a965d51fcdf1.JPG