A return visit to Moorabbin.

It's been over a year since I last visited Moorabbin. My wife had bought a video streaming box on Facebook, and asked me to pick it up from Elwood. She said I could take my time and go to Moorabbin, and as it was a terrific day weather wise, I took the opportunity. I hadn't used my camera for a while, and had to hunt for it before I left. I didn't have time to check it, and as you can guess, I turned it on and the battery indicator flashed red - flat battery. Fortunately my iPhone 6 takes a reasonably good picture, so I took a few and uploaded 14 of them to the media section.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Another visit to Moorabbin today. First time since Covid, in fact the last one reported above. Hardly recognised the place. Many of the old company buildings deserted, areas usually packed with parked planes empty, and hectares of logisitics warehouses taking up what was vacant land. See map and photos below. I didn't even unzip my camera bag.

MoorabbinAirport.thumb.jpg.d40ef1f6e2cb89f0dde74f77c41b9e1f.jpg

Area A hatched in red.

grangerd.thumb.jpg.7e0e6daa7d3cb9974c35952d3ca7a6c0.jpg

Area B hatched in red.

duigandrive.thumb.jpg.d22b44b89b2f05bb59f9ec132ad855e2.jpg

As I drove out, there was a family visiting the Aviation Museum, and a young bloke having his photo taken sitting in the Meteor.

View from Google Streetview.)

MeteorYMMB.thumb.jpg.ea922ef94e39bcd9c51064a2129b8d74.jpg