Aeromomentum Engines: report from Oshkosh

Homebuilt help has done a couple of videos now on Aeromomentum. He has done another one as well at Oshkosh this year. His little 1.0 litre 3 cyl engine would be a perfect replacement for the 582 and such engines and they dont have a 300hr limit. If I was in the market for a engine I think I would do the aeromomentum over the Viking as the weight is a lot less. Still more than the rotax but not by a lot but much more HP

• Informative 1

This is the explanation by Mark Kettering the designer and owner of Aeromomentum. It gives a whole complete view of the why and wherefore of why he used the suzuki engine. He also compares it to the Viking. There are a lot of things that I had never considered before that he puts out there. To be frank what he has written makes perfect sense

http://aeromomentum.com/reason.html

• Informative 3

Well Auto engines with their high volume are a cheap source of  a power unit that's the basis of their approach.  They don't make one particular engine for very long though,,and reconditioning is a thing of the past. If anything goes wrong it will be  a "bin it" situation. Nev

This is the explanation by Mark Kettering the designer and owner of Aeromomentum. It gives a whole complete view of the why and wherefore of why he used the suzuki engine. He also compares it to the Viking. There are a lot of things that I had never considered before that he puts out there. To be frank what he has written makes perfect sense

Love the way he calls out the competition using maths and science YEEESSS (just channelling my inner John Cadogin) 

• Agree 1

That 260 hp in a RV 14 would be soooo sweeet!

Not sure I would need that MASSIVE turbo to 30 000 ft..... 18 000 would do me..lol.

Slightly off topic, but I was looking at turbo's for a 912 uls "normalising" application.

It starts to get quite complex over the normal car "boosting" turbo's where you are dealing with basically the amount of boost and rpm at sea level.

Adding the 3rd dimension of altitude requires the turbo to not overboost at low level but be capable of a large amount of boost at high altitude.

Wastegate control obviously is important but irrelevant if the turbo can't perform to the required specs.

Makes a great deal of the normally missing common sense Mark, i could,nt fault his explanation eh, cheers Mick

• Like 1

• 9 months later...