Airfield thieves strike again.

This time, it wasn't Rotax 912S engines, Props and ancillaries taken, but the Alloy Wheels and off road tyres, Radio + HD Battery from the emergency vehicle. . . . HD CCTV stack can be seen in the background so we have footage of the crime which has been forwarded to the local Plod. . .

884620137_Rescuetruck.jpg.731ab72cca9d06895cbc0b1540f61e17.jpg

Got to ask, Why the hell was it left out in the open. Just asking for trouble.

It was donated to the Club and has always resided outside. . . . .it isn't road legal, but was 100% reliable and damned useful. Ran on Farm diesel. . . Might find some el-cheapo wheels for it. . . The radio won't be much use to the scumbags, as all 25Khz stuff is finishing in a couple of months. I might even have a box of free hand held radios ( at least 3 x Icoms, antennas / chargers ) for any of you guys to use as you like ( ! ) if someone pays the postage ! Not type approved in OZ, but might be handy just for monitoring. . . . Let me know. ( Email addy in profile page.)

buy a Landrover phil

If I had to buy a 4WD mate,. . .it woudn't be a bloody Landrover ! We'll probably source some Isuzu Trooper wheels from a tat yard somewhere and keep on using it. . .starts first time in any weather condx.

The CFI is really peed off about this as they nicked his butane gas bottle to shore it up and get their jack out. . .No tea at the airfield today !

Landies are very hot property in UK. You would not leave one unattended.BTW, hello, this is my first post as I have been a lurker for some time.

Welcome TIB. . .nice to have you aboard the train mate. [ Hic !] ( Our Truck is an Isuzu Trooper. . . )

Thank you for the welcome Phil. My comment re landies was in response to someone suggesting getting a Land Rover, presumably because no-one would want to pinch it. I am in an online UK LR group. Every other week someone is reporting their landy has been stolen.

Thank you for the welcome Phil. My comment re landies was in response to someone suggesting getting a Land Rover, presumably because no-one would want to pinch it. I am in an online UK LR group. Every other week someone is reporting their landy has been stolen.

Get a landrover ?. . .yes, that was a jocular comment from my very good friend Fly Tornado. . . a mine of useful ideas. ( I mean that in the nicest possible way )

• 2 weeks later...

Only to claaim the insurance!! 009_happy.gif.af290c24b6fa53b4f31e03566438e7ab.gif

My opinion is that to want to steal a Landrover, you would have to be a masochist.

A friend of mine has owned a succession of Landrovers, swearing that they were the greatest.

He turned up the other day in a Toyota cruiser. His comment was that the Japs have taken all the good design of Landrover an made a good car of it.

Guest Guest
My opinion is that to want to steal a Landrover, you would have to be a masochist.A friend of mine has owned a succession of Landrovers, swearing that they were the greatest.He turned up the other day in a Toyota cruiser. His comment was that the Japs have taken all the good design of Landrover an made a good car of it.

.....good design of Landrover? I near gagged on my pretzels!008_roflmao.gif.1403968ae51b10bfcd4c01d7b660b53c.gif

I recall watching on UK TV at least 20 years ago,. . . a prog about the development of 4 wheel drive vehicles, and how the Landrover was being rapidly replaced by Japanese products. It featured 3 Australian sheep station operators, who had replaced their Landies with Toyota models. Showing how you could load more errant woolly jumbucks in the back than you could a Landy, how they could do the same job for far less fuel used, and that the vehicles were generally far more reliable. I must stress however that 'Our' Landrover is in fact an Isuzu Trooper, which had run for in excess of 360K miles before it was gifted to the club, and since then it had been used regularly on the site.

Ah thanks Aer Kyd. . . . I day know that. Gawd Bless Australia Cobber.[ATTACH=full]54783[/ATTACH]

Oh Dave, dont you know that you just gave him more ammunition to use against us OzziesPS Hey Phil, when I come over again, can we go to the pub for a pint?????

EDIT, I like a pint of bitter, preferably a local brew

We had 3 hangars hit at YWSL a couple of weeks ago but the scumbags got greedy and ended up with nothing in the end.

Broke in to first hangar at around 11:30 pm and loaded up the ute that was owned by the hangar owner with precision tools and tool boxes, then slid the hangar doors open and made ready for a quick departure, smashed the side door that was deadbolts in the hangar beside the first and once again borrowed the owners trolley to load up tools and power tools and put the trolley out front of the hangar, skipped the next one because it had cameras and moved on to ours which was their downfall as the hangar owner lives there with his wife.

Dipsticks were trying to break the pad bolt because the lock was too strong in the meantime the hangar owner had rung the police and was actually on the other side of the door banging on it and telling them to (for Gough) to let them know someone was there, that didn’t stop them continuing on until they finally succeeded on gaining entry as they must of been on something at the time.

When they slid the door partially open they seen the owner and just stood there for a second before casually walking off in no hurry

A few minutes later a car driven by a 3 person raced down and picked the numbnuts duo up and sped off

Luckily left the booty previously loaded and bolted

000 was rang twice during the event and the local police never attended at all

Upside is security has been upgraded as authorities higher than the local police and council were notified as it becomes a federal issue being an airport.

There are some @ssholes in this world that just want to take from others instead of earning it

Oh Dave, dont you know that you just gave him more ammunition to use against us OzziesPS Hey Phil, when I come over again, can we go to the pub for a pint?????EDIT, I like a pint of bitter, preferably a local brew

No worries Bryon. . . .There are quite a number of good, real ale pubs around Staffordshire. . . some with their own craft brewery, SO I am told by friends,. . .Being Teetotal all my life, and indeed before, , I wouldn't know of course. . .