Another CT bites the dust

Admin

The biggest problem with being the no1 selling LSA aircraft in the USA (by 2 to 1) and Europe is that there are many many many of them flying around so there are many more accidents.

Here is a video of a CT that crashed at Oshkosh:

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/VIDEO0601/70724107/-1/EAA

Guest disperse
And another last week......not any fault of the CT though!

com'on! everybody knows the only thing that keeps going magicly after its out of fuel is a 1979 toyota corolla......

bet you $50 he never ever even comes close to running out of fuel again

Guest disperse

on a serious note thou . .. what are the rules when it comes to repairing the plane ....does it have to be recertified ?

• 2 years later...

Repairing any LSA

Each LSA repair must be completed iaw OEM procedures. As a minimum this is iaw OEM MM or by direct advice from OEM Engineering support. In the case of the CT in Australia I believe the OEM has via a letter approved normal GA procedures. ie: CAR 35/LAME team approach with AC 43-13 as the standard. Unfortunately this letter does not appear on OEM web site. I do know of one maintenance org here in WA that has a copy and I would be happy to share that with you just drop me an email [email protected]