Another Jab down 29 Feb 2020.

Interesting, someone reports a forced landing in good faith, and off the thread goes into fairyland.

Hopefully the person who successfuly concluded the forced landing will report it to RAA with some detail, RAA will report it in the Accident and Defect Summaries, which they have been doing faithfully for years, and everyone will learn from that.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Yes! This certainly was not a dig at Jabs. I purely mentioned it was a Jab, because, err.... it was a Jab!

I am not interested in the aircraft type, I am more interested in what happened, and the actions of the pilot, that no doubt saved both of them.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

So ,every time some one posts here the" Another JAB down" comes up, because you can't change the TITLE even if you wanted to. How about having a DATE on each such forum so we don't get the same headline a dozen times a week for as long as.?.... You did say a FULL engine failure (whatever that is.) It could be the tank was EMPTY) The usual terms are" partial" and "complete" or "on fire" Running rough. etc .. Nev

Hi Nev,

I am only going by what a mate heard in the air (He was up at the time). So complete, full, partial - doesn't really matter, and like I said, I really don't care what type of aircraft it is.

I posted because I thought it was worth posting that a bird was forced down. If we can get the info, what happened, when, how, why, and what the pilot did, maybe we can all learn something.

This was never a Jab witch hunt.

• Agree 1

It usually turns into one. I'm NOT saying YOU intend it as such. FULL engine failure is not a description I'm familiar with. WE should leave less meaningful descriptions to the papers. It's something they do well.. and we usually comment on adversely. Nev

• Like 1

You can change the title. He who posts it gives it a name. This is not an old thread, the first snide remark was post No 4, even though he only made a true statement.

I would always like to hear the facts as soon as possible and in a lot of cases would be interested in knowing if the person posting had experience with the equipment being commented on.

OK... I can't even see how to edit my original post, let alone change the title! LOL!

Some more info - Reports are simply "Engine trouble" and there was an instructor and a student onboard, and they and the airframe are fine. Textbook paddock landing!!

• Like 1

Thread Names

Adjectives like "Another" or "again" tend to upset owners of that Make.

Also, as someone said, if the heading containers "another" or "today" and the thread comes up again and again, people click on it thinking there's been another accident.

The most useful Heading in Accidents and Incidents is:

[Name of Aircraft, if known]+ [Forced Landing, or Crash or other description] + [Location]+ [Fatal/Non Fatal] + [Date]

Anyone who had sifted through this Forum subjects looking for similar accidents or total number of fatalities etc is driven silly by "todays" which then have to be researched through news media etc. , but the above details allow a search by make, date, type of incident etc.

Also, it doesn't matter if all the Original Poster gets is crash+location.

It's better to post that and get a thread started, and there will be plenty of posters who will fill out the fine details as they are known.

The original poster should not be picked on for not having every little detail posted.

Also, the press have a protocol for these incidents and interview people at the scene for their information, so the comments of Police, Ambulance, SES, Fire Brigade, Airfield Owner, or other pilots are usually what's being quoted in the newspapers. Local reporters have no spare time to bone up how the intricacies of aviation terms in the morning, and specific cattle viruses in the afternoon.

• Like 1

So a mate tells me he heard a Jab call mayday today with full engine failure and put it down in a paddock south of Sydney.

Anyone got any info??

Well no one can say they don’t get an accurate read on fuel level in an LSA55.

• Haha 1

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what type of engine it was, all that matters is it was handled as it should have been and aircraft sustained no damage and the instructor and student walked away to fly another day.

• Like 2