another newbie saying hi!

andy310r

Hi guys! Great forum here :)

Just saying hi, and a little history.

Got the flying bug the first time I ever flew in 1984.

Started working at a GA airfield in the UK (Doncaster) in my teens fuelling and shoving planes around. Some kind pilots took me up… bug firmly planted.

In the mid-2000's I started PPL training in the UK out of Sherburn. Got through first solo and into solo navs before life got in the way and flying stopped :(

Determined to fly again, I picked it back up in 2014 after I moved to Australia. What an amazing place to fly! Since then I've been solely GA… RPL->PPL->CPL and MECIR, mainly out of Redcliffe.

Always looking for new places to visit especially in the southeast QLD area. I'm very fortunate to be part of a club with a few aircraft to choose from - C172, 182, 210, 310 etc. Something for most occasions although I am tempted to fly some RAAus stuff. I do however need to research rules and constraints so I don't do anything wrong :) Very tempted to build or acquire a low-and-slow taildragger too.

I'm also inclined to do a flight instructor rating. I love learning and helping others to… whether I'd get much chance to use it is a different question.

Anyway - "hello"!

andy

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Welcome & if you want to venture south of the border, South Grafton is a great place run by those of us who own hangars. 1000 metres of seal. YSGR details in ERSA. Good clubhouse, right on the edge of town, Pub with good cheap counter lunches 2 mins walk. Our annual Wings & Wheels usually attracts plenty of QLDers & was to be held on the 14th, sadly cancelled this year due to Covid but we are always open for visitors..

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Welcome & if you want to venture south of the border, South Grafton is a great place run by those of us who own hangars. 1000 metres of seal. YSGR details in ERSA. Good clubhouse, right on the edge of town, Pub with good cheap counter lunches 2 mins walk. Our annual Wings & Wheels usually attracts plenty of QLDers & was to be held on the 14th, sadly cancelled this year due to Covid but we are always open for visitors..

thanks, I'll definitely get down there!

G'day Andy, welcome to the forum.

It looks as if you have a good grounding. Have you run into John Mc Evoy at Redcliffe, I think he flies skydivers. The best instructor I have come across and he has trained the instructor for Monduran aero club.

Thanks guys!

My avatar photo was taken just last weekend somewhere near Gympie at 9,000' about an hour before sunset. Gorgeous flight.

Gday mate. Did you see me waving as you flew over me. LOL

G'day Andy, welcome to the forum.

It looks as if you have a good grounding. Have you run into John Mc Evoy at Redcliffe, I think he flies skydivers. The best instructor I have come across and he has trained the instructor for Monduran aero club.

I haven't. I've heard the name though... will look him up! Thank you :)

Gday mate. Did you see me waving as you flew over me. LOL

Ha quite possibly! It was an interesting flight. Quite a few fair-weather CU and somehow managed to miss all of them.