ASI fail. . .

2077878333_BobandEurostar.jpg.7b45b00c59817270760bfbe0078e9e91.jpg

Uncle Bob, attacking one of the school aircraft. . .with yours truly assistingting the operation. ( I've done this before, it helps to know where the feed is ) I bet him 5 Pints of best bitter that the problem was a leak in the pitot feed. ASI was sluggish and under-reading by 20 plus Kt in the cruise ( checked against GPS in nil wind condx. ) rough guide anyway. . .

Found a 50mm split in the feed tube. . . .Just removing the fairing to get at it.

Looks like a good FREE session at the pub next weekend. . all the other experts said that it was partially blocked by dust or an insect. . . ( lucky guess really ! ) All good banter though.

Phil , may I suggest Bathams best Biiter , a fine drop of foaming ale I declare . Brewed in the heartland of the Black Country on site at The Bull and Bladder pub in Brierley Hill . The sign on the pub says “ Blessings of your heart , you brew good ale “ , Shakespeare’s most famous bit of prose I believe . A nice Pork Pie will complete the feast fit for a King .

Aer Kid

Phil , may I suggest Bathams best Biiter , a fine drop of foaming ale I declare . Brewed in the heartland of the Black Country on site at The Bull and Bladder pub in Brierley Hill . The sign on the pub says “ Blessings of your heart , you brew good ale “ , Shakespeare’s most famous bit of prose I believe . A nice Pork Pie will complete the feast fit for a King .Aer Kid

Thanks Maerte. . . . I'm going to the funeral of my good mate Mickey New on thursday 26th. . He used to be an Instructor ( Trikes ) at Otherton. . . .this is at St. Mary's opposite the Courthouse in Kingswinford. If I don't fancy the wake, ( I never met his family ) I might pop in and have a quick pint. Had Bathams before, I used to do Signwork for the Brewery. My current fave ale is ANYTHING concocted by Hook Norton Brewery in the Cotswolds. . .( Look up their website, . . .they deliver beer on proper Horse drawn drays with the blokes all in period costume, . . to their surrounding owned pubs. . Old Hooky is to die for. . even in a bottle ! Mate owns the place. . . .going to stay over for a bash in August.

Thanks for the heads up though Sun. . . .

Phat Fill ( the non drinker )

I know The Courthouse , I worked in Kingswinford for BT many years ago and still have family in the area . If you do happen to partake in a pint of Bathams , the brewery you may know is at the Vine aka “Bull and Bladder “ pub in Delph Rd Brierley Hill near the junction of Amblecore Rd . It’s a great experience to pay a visit , it’s full of down to Earth Black Country types , and atmosphere a plenty . Hook Norton is a fine brewer of quality quaffing ales . I’ll be thinking and wishing I was there on the 26th ..

Cheers .

[ATTACH=full]54847[/ATTACH]Uncle Bob, attacking one of the school aircraft. . .with yours truly assistingting the operation. ( I've done this before, it helps to know where the feed is ) I bet him 5 Pints of best bitter that the problem was a leak in the pitot feed. ASI was sluggish and under-reading by 20 plus Kt in the cruise ( checked against GPS in nil wind condx. ) rough guide anyway. . .

Found a 50mm split in the feed tube. . . .Just removing the fairing to get at it.

Looks like a good FREE session at the pub next weekend. . all the other experts said that it was partially blocked by dust or an insect. . . ( lucky guess really ! ) All good banter though.

I had a split in a nylon tee piece that fed air from the pitot to the ASI and airswitch. Same symtoms under reading , slow to move of the zero. Tecnam sierra easy to get at though.

I had a split in a nylon tee piece that fed air from the pitot to the ASI and airswitch. Same symtoms under reading , slow to move of the zero. Tecnam sierra easy to get at though.

Had my session at a pub, though it ws a sad event . . .as it was at the funeral of my mate Mickey New,. .. who used to be a flight instructor on Flexwing trikes at Otherton.

He was a great bloke, but had a heart attack, followed by two strokes. A non-smoker, fit as a fiddle and built like a racing snake. . . .weird isn't it how these things happen. . . I've abused my body for decades, and there's nowt wrong with me at all. . . fat barstard . .. no diabetes, heavy smoker all my life. . . Odd.

It can be annoying ! . . That particular Evektor Eurostar is getting on a bit now, a few more hours and it will be a knacker's yard job ! The poor things take a heck of a beating when used for nothing but training don't they, especially ab initio circuits and 'BUMPS'. !. . The wings have been off that one a few times, changing faulty wing root castings due to a Mandatory Mod, and other reasons, so the Pitot tube could have been accidentally bruised earlier. That PVC tubing Does degrade with age of course.