Barney Oldfield Baby Lakes 19-1324 Whereabouts

ave8rr

Does any Forum member know the whereabouts of the Oldfield Baby Lakes Biplane 19-1324?

It was first registered in the early 90's but RAAus inform me registration has not been renewed for a few years.

PM with contact details if known.

Many Thanks

Mike

Guest Maj Millard

They are a popular aircraft in the US...as is the real Great Lakes...this one sounds particularly lively in the engine department and quick.

Similar one currently for sale, looks neat. http://www.raa.asn.au/market/ad.php?id=4665

As for the aerobatics, just my opinion, in an RAA airplane but that type is aerobatic, perhaps no Class 2 medical however good history with self-certified medicals doing aerobatics in the USA and probably trained in aerobatics therefore no real safety issue BUT at that low level it is a vastly different matter with an expected short life.

• 3 years later...
Guest Guest

None of you EXPERTS know what your talking about.

YOUR ALL WRONG!

I'm always amused by people that make comments on matters or people when they haven't any idea of the facts.

I know who built it, who all the owners were, who owns it now, where it is, what engins have been in it, and who has flown it.

So keep guessing.

Mike

ave8rr 

I can give you all the info you want, it's NOT on the market, if it was l, along with a few others that knows where it is would already own it.

Being 19 rego that manoeuvre at 0:44 must have been some sort of stylised stall recovery since it certainly wasn't aerobatics.

That's correct, you must have done a lot of aero's to notice that.

They are a popular aircraft in the US...as is the real Great Lakes...this one sounds particularly lively in the engine department and quick.

The very first Rotax 912 that Bert imported into Australia.

And it's still in good nick.

Similar one currently for sale, looks neat. http://www.raa.asn.au/market/ad.php?id=4665

As for the aerobatics, just my opinion, in an RAA airplane but that type is aerobatic, perhaps no Class 2 medical however good history with self-certified medicals doing aerobatics in the USA and probably trained in aerobatics therefore no real safety issue BUT at that low level it is a vastly different matter with an expected short life.

The pilot was self taught, and is still flying aero's, they say: 'there's old pilot's an bold pilots, but there's no old bold pilot's' 

This blokes in his 70's and arial mustering stock.

Don't be to quick to pick fault with people you know nothing about.

As I remember it that one was built by Bobby S and was registered 95:10. A great airplane. Don

No it wasn't.

Don your memory is mistaken .

Lying thieving Bob S owned it for a while, but never built it, he liked people to think he did, but he did some work on it.

It was built by Nigel Arnott at Camden.

And yes, it still is a great little plane.

It's built stronger than a Pitts S1.

One of the few pilots that have flown this plane,  an Australian aerobatic champion, would love to own it, as this was one of the planes he started his career in.

Can I borrow the top wing to get the HummelBird rego'd

spacesailor

The original top wing my be available, it's been replaced with an all metal one, as the plane has undergone a full refurbishment. 

And new engine.