Bfr

rhtrudder

I would say no...... it would be current from the day it was done and for the two years after that.

A CASA BFR is current till the last day of the month in which it was done. So a CASA BFR (AFR) done today is current to 28 Feb 2022.

An RAA BFR expires 2 years from the day it was done.

For a GA flight review, if you complete a flight review in the 3 months before the previous flight review expires the new review is valid for 24 months after the expiry of the previous review.

So to answer the original question, yes, for a GA review that expires in March if you do one now the expiry date will be 24 months from March.

I don't know how or if that translates to RAA flight reviews.

When my PPL BFR was overdue in NZ years ago I was till allowed to fly solo till the BFR was completed. I'm not sure if this had approval from CAA but the club CFI was OK with it.

For a GA flight review, if you complete a flight review in the 3 months before the previous flight review expires the new review is valid for 24 months after the expiry of the previous review.

So to answer the original question, yes, for a GA review that expires in March if you do one now the expiry date will be 24 months from March.

I don't know how or if that translates to RAA flight reviews.

Aro the second paragraph of your post is incorrect.

I did a GA AFR on 5 Feb, my current AFR expired 31 March but CASA only renewed me till 28 Feb 2020.

I phoned them to clarify and they confirmed this.

Aro the second paragraph of your post is incorrect.

I did a GA AFR on 5 Feb, my current AFR expired 31 March but CASA only renewed me till 28 Feb 2020.

I phoned them to clarify and they confirmed this.

Maybe CASA don't know their own rules?

the holder has a valid flight review for the rating during the period ending

CASR 61.745 (1A)

(b) if:

(i) the holder already has a valid flight review for the rating (the previous flight review) when the holder successfully completes the flight review; and

(ii) the validity of the previous flight review is due to expire within 3 months after the holder successfully completes the flight review;

at the end of the 24th month after the validity of the previous flight review expires.

Also, from the CASA website: Flight reviews

How long is my flight review valid for?

... if you complete a flight review any time in the three months before it is due, your original renewal month remains unchanged. This means your review remains valid, even if you do it early.

For example, if you have a private IFR rating flight review and it is due to expire at the end of April 2018 but you undertake it in February 2018, your next private IFR rating flight review will be due at the end of April 2020.

• Like 1

I would think the time is flexible only in becoming less. You can't get extra time between reviews. You can combine a review with doing some endorsement . That's covered, but the MAX period is just that. Same as is if you did the 100 hourly at 90 hours. It's still 100 hours to the next not 110. IF it's other than that I don't get the logic. Nev

Maybe CASA don't know their own rules?

the holder has a valid flight review for the rating during the period ending

CASR 61.745 (1A)

(b) if:

(i) the holder already has a valid flight review for the rating (the previous flight review) when the holder successfully completes the flight review; and

(ii) the validity of the previous flight review is due to expire within 3 months after the holder successfully completes the flight review;

at the end of the 24th month after the validity of the previous flight review expires.

Also, from the CASA website: Flight reviews

How long is my flight review valid for?

... if you complete a flight review any time in the three months before it is due, your original renewal month remains unchanged. This means your review remains valid, even if you do it early.

For example, if you have a private IFR rating flight review and it is due to expire at the end of April 2018 but you undertake it in February 2018, your next private IFR rating flight review will be due at the end of April 2020.

Thanks Aro, I will be onto CASA in the morning.

Will advise result.