Brumby aircraft

DKM1

The 'old' threads on Brumby dont tell you much - but they have sold a few already - so owners are out there somewhere.

I had a close look at them - as they are built near my farm.. But in the end decided Jabiru was better proven (around longer) and better value.. But if you prefer low-wing and metal construction, then Brumby is great value..

• 1 month later...

Hi, I only just noticed this question, so you may already have made a call. I own Brumby 19-5364 and its a great aircraft and the guys at PG Aviation have been real good to deal with. This aircraft was only the third out the door and was based in Mount Isa, we have now moved to Cowra and the aircraft is back here so if you want any other info or a look give me a yell.

Best Regards, Tony.

Thanks

Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply, I will be up your way on the weekend of May 30.

Would be good to have a look and a chat.

Regards Daniel:thumb_up:

Brumby review

I read a flight review about the Brumby in one of the regular australian magazines about 9 months ago I think. Maybe flying or pacific flyer, try a google on their websites for past articles or just google Brumby flight review.

I have seen them at airshows and they look like a good solid plane built for training and decked out with glass for training with a commercial license in mind. Iguess thats optional cause that aint cheap.

The reviewer was impressed and the price and build quality was about the same as some plastic imports but this is solid metal with local support.

Engine either Rotax 912 or Jab 3300 or probably better I think the continental 200D.

www.brumbyaircraft.com.au

Ph 02 63411635

email [email protected]

The undercarriage specially the nose looks a lot more solid than a JAB or similar being a trainer so would take more than the usual odd rough landing. As a no fuss no nonsense reliable (200D) sounding plane going by the review it deserves a fly if you are in the market .

No I dont have one or know the company.

Daniel, You picked the only weekend I won't be here, the aircraft will be and the guys at the factory are nearly always around on a Saturday, if you let them know your interested they would be happy to show you the aircraft. Look for a a review by Australia Aviation in the next month which will feature our aircraft. The contact details that Skydog supplied will put you in touch.

Regards, Tony.

• 1 month later...

Brumby

Hi Tony

I,m sold I liked what I had seen at PG aviation very nice aircraft,had a good look around. Could have spent all day looking and talking to the guys their.

Daniel, Glad the visit went well, they are a great aeroplane, did my BFR yesterday and had a great time. Does this mean we will have another Brumby pilot out there ?

Regards, Tony.

• 10 months later...

Brumby vs Jab

Jabs are much cheaper but of course cost is not everything and the old rule is absolutely true . "you only get what you pay for" and I would add, if you get something really cheap then add some price/cost factor on to it to cover downsides. But if you are going to do that then you might as well pay more in the first place.

Both planes have their plusses.

ps I did 90 hours in Jabs.

Jabs are much cheaper but of course cost is not everything and the old rule is absolutely true . "you only get what you pay for" and I would add, if you get something really cheap then add some price/cost factor on to it to cover downsides. But if you are going to do that then you might as well pay more in the first place.Both planes have their plusses.

ps I did 90 hours in Jabs.

I dont agree that the old adage "you only get what you pay for" applies here. If you take a Brumby with a Jabiru engine fitted as OEM, how can that represent better value than a Jab with the same Jab engine? The cost of "downside" in Jabiru airframe is nil compared to its competition. And Jabs have proven to have unbeatable retained values.

ps I have done 300+ hours in Jabs and have just ordered my second Jab. (But I'm not an agent..)

• 1 month later...

Brumby V JAB

Gooday all

Traveled in a Jab for 500+ hours what a good plane to learn in you have to fly it.

I have a Brumby LSA for the past 4 years and have done 8oo+ hours in and still love it.

It dosn't matter what plane you own,

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif "Its all about flying." 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I am looking to up grade to a new Brumby as i am very happy with the plane and the suport

from the factory.

Yours in flying

MIck

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I've had a good look at the Brumby under construction at the factory with the SAAA people when they were at Cowra some time ago. They are pretty fussy, (the SAAA) with build because that is what they do., and I didn't find anyone who didn't think it was well-built. There is more cost in building the Brumby than the Jabiru, so you would expect to pay more because it is a totally different method of construction. I felt the empty weight could be a problem with payload, but if the thing can be 600 Kgs AUW, or more eventually it will be fine. There is a choice of 4 engines including the Lycoming 0-233. It should be a good trainer because it is stronger than most and most RAAus trainers are NOT very strong> The high-wing with a T/Wheel appeals to me.. Nev

• 8 months later...
BrumbyHi Tony

I,m sold I liked what I had seen at PG aviation very nice aircraft,had a good look around. Could have spent all day looking and talking to the guys their.