CH701 flight attitude

Paul Gardner

Hi,

I have recently come out of a syndicate flying a CH 701 as personalities clashed within the group.

The only issue that bothered me with that particular 701 was it's pronounced nose up attitude when flying in the cruise.

Having not flown another 701 can owners tell me if this hight nose attitude is normal, or was the one I flew not set up correctly?

Many thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul, The 701 should fly straight and level at cruise, this issue cropped up in the 90s due to a drawing error in the plans, a simple fix was put out by zenith.

It's quick and easy to fix.

Thanks Terry,

I put the same question on another Zenair forum and had good replies. Most owners of 701s see to have level attitude in the cruise.

I also e-mailed the Heintz brothers at Zenair who confirmed this was the correct attitude.

All the best

Paul

4 things will affect your attitude in cruise.. Your AUW, Your density altitude, the rigger's angle of attack of the wing, and your speed through the air ( which is limited by the power you have). IF the aircraft is markedly nose heavy it will go slower too. Nev

• 1 month later...

depending on engine and w&b they can differ. To some extent its adjustable by either adding droop or reflex to the aileron neutral position.

I have the j2200 up front therefore tend to have cg nearer the aft limit, and a slower cruise speed than some.

Flies better with a few degrees down on the ailerons. This model has the 16 deg flap (not original 30)

Ralph