Cheap Drones website?

Bruce Tuncks

I was looking at a Voluntex Ranger 1980mm span model plane and came across this site called cheapdrones.

It has a big ad for the plane I want at Au$219.99. ( yes definitely it says "all prices in Australian dollars")

But when I click on the " buy directly from supplier" I get transferred to banggood and the price has magically risen to $358. There is no other buy box and no way to contact cheapdrones.

Maybe I'm missing something here... I admit to being slow with computers.

There is no other buy box and no way to contact cheapdrones.

Bruce, your clue is right there, in the line above. All genuine businesses have full contact details and preferably, a physical address listed.

The cheapdrones site is a "come-on" website, set up to redirect you to Banggood and away from Amazon, eBay, and local businesses. They often use reviews copied from other sites and make them look like their own.

Be very alert when buying directly off the internet. Check out the site thoroughly, check out the company with a Google search, check out if they have a physical location.

There are numerous scam websites who have items for sale, who look genuine, but they are simply scammers - they take your money and never deliver the goods.

They can usually be identified by having a wide range of unrelated items for sale. If you search Google images, using the photos of their products, you find the photos of the items are often stolen from eBay.

• Like 1

If you go to the main Banggood site, you will find they have stores for each country. They have an "Australia" store. The store and its products are obviously not located here, they only have the store section set up to deal with Australian buyers.

There are several models of the Voluntex Ranger, and some are now obsolete. But the current model Voluntex Ranger, available on the Banggood Australia store is the V757-8, with a 2000mm wingspan. It is listed at AU $204 with free shipping.

You will see a heading "13 answered questions". This is the reviews section. Click on that heading and that will direct you to buyers reports. Use Google Translate to translate the foreign languages.

Most buyers are happy, the main problems appear to relate to poor handling in transit, and some minor construction or design faults.

https://au.banggood.com/Volantex-Ranger-2000-V757-8-2000mm-Wingspan-EPO-FPV-Aircraft-RC-Airplane-PNP-p-1151700.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=AU

Edited by onetrack

I got scammed by these guys. Money taken on double up offer, no drones, had to get bank to recover through disputes centre. I questioned them through their website, response said no order in your name, please confirm details on card. I answered that email with details, no further response. Checked online and found many claims of fraud and quality not what promised. 4 weeks later money was back, no one disputed transaction from their end. Might be a numbers game. 80% disputes is still 20% profit

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

If in doubt ……..pay with PayPal !

You have a guarantee that you will get your money back if the goods aren't delivered or are not what they are advertised.

Most shifty sites don't have PayPal...…..there's your answer!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

These rear-facing prop planes are just right for exercising the dog. He ( the dog ) is much less likely to get an injury from this layout, I have gone through a lot of bixlers but bigger flies so much better that I want to try one of these Rangers.

• Like 1

If in doubt ……..pay with PayPal !

You have a guarantee that you will get your money back if the goods aren't delivered or are not what they are advertised.

Most shifty sites don't have PayPal...…..there's your answer!

Same same. If a site does not offer PayPal, I won’t use the site. They know that PayPal will refund the money so I suspect they avoid letting the user pay via PayPal

• Like 1