Come and visit - Forum member Invitations

Admin

This sticky thread contains posts from forum members who extend an invitation to other forum members to come and visit.

When posting in this thread please insert your main area in the post title box so members can quickly see the area where you are and in the post, put any information that a visitor may need to know to come and visit.

Help to get the forum member social interaction going by extending an invitation to other forum members

Melbourne - Watsonia

Hi All

I live 1km from the Eastern end of the ring road in Melbourne and you are always welcomed to drop in and have a cuppa and chin wag. If you ever get stuck in Melbourne or need a place to stay then there is always a bed and a meal here for you. Let me know and I can come and pick you up if need be.

Phone number is 03 9444-8025 or 0412 881108

Address 16 Powley Parade, Watsonia Vic (see the Google Earth Airstrips http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/vbgooglemaphse.php?do=showdetails&mapid=647)

Closest airstrips are:

Riddells Creek - 45mins by car

Penfield - 45mins by car

Lilydale - 40mins by car

Essendon - 30mins by car

Many large local shopping centres eg Northland

20mins from the city by freeway

10mins from the Austin and woman's Mercy hospitals

• Like 2

OMG! so many airstrips so close, I live in Culburra Beach, nearest strip is well, 1.5 hrs away... Goulburn, or there is Albion park, 1 hr away. which is security controlled. when it comes to flying, i hate this part of the world..

KATOOMBA - BLUE MNTS. NSW

I live at Leura in the Blue Mountains and the nearest strip is YKAT which is actually located at Medlow Bath 5mins drive west of Katoomba. We have some of the most spectacular views in the Sydney area that can really only be truly appreciated from the air.

Fly past the Three Sisters or thru the Grand Canyon. You can base yourself at YKAT and take your friends for scenics. The club house is open to all with a crackling wood fire and a cuppa and friendly people.We have bedding avail if you need to overnight and heaps of B&Bs around. 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

Victoria - Warrnambool - YWBL

Am happy to provide airport pickup and dropoff also have spare car available (small cost + fuel) for forum members.

Can also help find accommodation to suit budget/requirements.

P.M me for contact details.

• Caution 1

OMG Ian, SO MANY AIRSTRIPS SO CLOSE !!!036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

It's normally a 3 hour drive to visit my fathers private strip to get a flying fix.

But then Somersby is less than 1 hour away but no spare hangarage available, which fuels my frustrated desire to find a good single seater trike which is simple to transport an set up.

Cheers,

Glen

• 8 months later...
Guest Brett Campany

I thought I'd reserect this thread to see if anyone knows of or has a private strips where members may drop in (pre arranged of course).

I'm hunting down a number of strips in WA to check out in the future. Anyone here got a strip for members?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Nowra Competition day/ get together

A competition day is scheduled for 19th June at Jaspers brush airfield www.scrfc.com.au , everyone is invited and a free roast lunch is provided. competitions include;

1. Spot landing – The pilot is to land as close to, but not before the line marked on the runway.

2. Spot forced landing – After climbing to 2000ft, engine power will be reduced to idle and the pilot must carry out a forced landing on a designated runway, aiming to land as close to, but not before the marked line.

3. Perfect circuit – Fly a perfect circuit, points will be deducted for errors (eg: within 50ft on downwind). The circuit marking criteria will be available to view before the flight.

4. Short field landing - A full-stop landing, touching down after the marked line, aircraft stopping closest to the line wins

Sorry for the short notice but please, come over to Nowra, say Gday and take part in a fun days activities.

Regards,

D-K 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest MackAgri Aviation

Esperance WA

This thread seems to have been quiet for some time so I will make a post to keep it going. How about some more entries - or aren't we welcome at your place?

Esperance (YESP). South-east WA. 33 41 S 121 49 E Rwy 11/29 1800m sealed Rwy 03/21 1178m gravel. BP bowser avgas. 25km to town.

Myrup Fly-in Estate. 120/010 from Esperance. Rwy 04/22 1300m gravel (04 RH cct) Rwy 14/32 gravel 900m. Home of Esperance Aero Club. Shower and toilet always open at the clubhouse. Caretaker on site 08 9071 5846. Club Captain 0407 036 173. Give us a call before arrival and we can probably arrange a lift to town (10km west of YMYU) and find appropriate accommodation.

Best beaches in Australia.

Fishing, surfing, scuba diving, bush walking, bird watching, national parks, etc.

Near the isogonal so none of that variation stuff to worry about.

15+ private strips within about 50nm.

Visitiors welcome 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

David

PS Kambalda is now a private airstrip operated by a gold mine with consequent tight secruity. PPR. Consult ERSA before planning a trip there! 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

• 1 year later...

Murray Bridge, SA

I have a medium sized motel here in Murray Bridge and can offer mates rates to all fellow members of this forum. I can also arrange transfers to and from motel. The closest airstrip is YMBD (10 minutes from Murray Bridge and www.balconyonsixth.com.au). We also have the best restaurant in town on the banks of the Murray, in our family so can do a good deal there too. Call Jeremy on 08 85311411

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
I thought I'd reserect this thread to see if anyone knows of or has a private strips where members may drop in (pre arranged of course).I'm hunting down a number of strips in WA to check out in the future. Anyone here got a strip for members?

yeh I got 2 seperate stips but both short. No 1=My home private strip, sherlock S.A 5301=320meters and No2 my second property=Peake S.A 5301 = 250 meters.

all welcome

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
KATOOMBA - BLUE MNTS. NSWI live at Leura in the Blue Mountains and the nearest strip is YKAT which is actually located at Medlow Bath 5mins drive west of Katoomba. We have some of the most spectacular views in the Sydney area that can really only be truly appreciated from the air.

Fly past the Three Sisters or thru the Grand Canyon. You can base yourself at YKAT and take your friends for scenics. The club house is open to all with a crackling wood fire and a cuppa and friendly people.We have bedding avail if you need to overnight and heaps of B&Bs around. 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

It,s a Beech 18. photographed at NATFLY Narromine 2006.

I went for scenic flight to Dubbo for fuel and back. It was great. The photo is actually at Dubbo whilst refueling

Its a very rare bird in that it is a factory built Tricycle Gear machine

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Antique-Airways/Beech-H18-Tri-Gear/0308044/L/&sid=d8a4b18c3982e3091b4d128957bc851f

• Like 1

Hi again, thanks for posting back. Love old airplanes. I am new to this site... and I've only ever been on 1 other forum - once. So this is new. Would you be the person to ask about certain college courses in Aviation here?

Hi again, thanks for posting back. Love old airplanes. I am new to this site... and I've only ever been on 1 other forum - once. So this is new. Would you be the person to ask about certain college courses in Aviation here?

Post your question on the "General Discussions" page as a new thread and you,ll get plenty of answers I,m sure.

And welcome to the forum 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

• 2 months later...

Just saw this sight, Fly-in, to Comeroo Station,

1000m unsealed red dirt Elev 400ft AMSL Bourke

Bruce & Chris Sharpe 02 6874 7735

I will be going by 4wd tagalong tour in sept,run by the Lightning Ridge Police bush Safari, they do a trip each year

Bryan. ps hope this isnt classed as an advert

• Informative 1

• 8 months later...

YMPA - Minnipa on the "west coast" of SA.

My little patch of (generally dry and brown) grass. Handy stop over on the long East-West drag or an exploration of the Gawler Ranges and Eyre Peninsular. Plenty of room to roll out a swag and as much help with anything that I can manage!

Craig-0401 453 825

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1