Covered?

Guest Jacques_78

Guest Jacques_78

hi everyone

Found out today that my home and contents policy with CommInsure does not cover my aerochute if stolen from my garage because it's 'motorised' (luckily my lawnmover is covered, work that one out)

Anyway, if your home and contents policy includes theft cover for your powered parachute please let me know, looks like I'll have to change insurance companies.

Much appreciated, have a good one

I would call your local insurance broker,they will search and find you the best insurance people for that.They will charge you a small one off fee only,but its better than ringing around yourself,and being put on hold for ages.

Guest Jacques_78

QBE told me that if we can get a group of PPC flyers together they will look at providing cover

Will ring a couple of brokers today, see what happens. I assumed I was covered, luckily I checked

If you have a group, you might find any claim by one member will affect your no claim for all. A fair number of hours flown on a type,( Like say a Tailwheel) helps lower the premiums, or even whether they will cover you at all.. Tallor the cover to what is best for you, may save some $$$'s Nev

Guest Jacques_78
Allianz doesn't cover any aircraft, and Aerochute is classed as an aircraft. They will cover the trailer it sits in! What about the companies that advertise in Sports Pilot?

I called a couple, will see what they come up with

I had to take out a Marine Insurance for my PPC covering fire and theft but more importantly Transit. Eventually lost the Theft portion as they wanted the Locked Container (its home ) to be locked in a shed ???. After many years the value has reduced and now I couldn't be bothered.

• 1 month later...

Could contain an "Old Bugatti car", Gull wing door Mercedes, OR a Spitfire.

In NZ there's a lost wooden shipping container, with an Avro Anson, from South African Post Service, should have four motors in the crate as well.

spacesailor

I use a trusty little pocket camera called a Scoutgaurd sg570 I dont know if they sell them anymore,ive had mine for years for surveillance on my farm,even had it outside in the rain as they are waterproof.I now have it in my garage

hidden in a secret spot pointed to the aerochute with a hardened chain and padlock.Thats my insurance,as insurance for Aerochutes is b/s anyway.

hi everyoneFound out today that my home and contents policy with CommInsure does not cover my aerochute if stolen from my garage because it's 'motorised' (luckily my lawnmover is covered, work that one out)

Anyway, if your home and contents policy includes theft cover for your powered parachute please let me know, looks like I'll have to change insurance companies.

Much appreciated, have a good one

When I purchased my Jabiru about a week ago, I insured it through a company advertised in one of the latest Sports Pilots magazines, there are a couple of insurance companies who insure recreational aircraft, which your Aerochute would be covered under.