Credit where credit is due

Admin

Hi All

Putting together this website has been a mammoth task over a few months of long hours and hard work. Although a lot of the extra functionality has been temporarily disabled as I would like the site to settle down first but would you be surprised to know that there are just under 20,000 files in just over 1,400 folders in this website ;) - try getting 20,000 people to work together in somebody else's house (the server). It also uses 3 separate databases and although we have just over 8,000 posts the databases can comfortably handle a million records - this site has a strong infrastructure that will see it last for a long time guaranteeing you a place that will always be here to support you in your recreational flying AND WILL ALWAYS BE FREE (little Johnny Howard told me to say that:laugh:). All up it has cost about $3,000 in expenses and in hours, well all I can say is A BLOODY LOT!!!

Now to bring all this together it has been a huge team effort:

Firstly Jimmy at Quadra Hosting http://www.quadrahosting.com.au I can tell you being in the business that without the help and support that Jimmy gave in getting this site going well all I can say is that if you have a website or are involved in one you just simply can not go past Quadra Hosting and I have been with many different hosting companies - Jimmy, I would be lost without knowing you were there, thanks! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Now to 4 very special people whom I hold in the highest regard - the Moderators. Being a Moderator is a very tough job because you are always in a situation of Damned if you do and damned if you don't and they do earn our respect especially with some of you colourful characters. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Turtle - Whilst I have been developing the new site over these past months you have every single day kept all the members informed of all the aviation news happening around the world which is a mammoth job - I thank you very much 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

PaulN - You have kept the celebrations going to any member who was celebrating their birthday wishing them a great day from all us members - Thanks for all your help 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Chris - Being a new Moderator you have quickly found that it is not easy but your enthusiasm has kept the peace - I don't think i have ever seen a negative word in any of your posts, your effort is extremely appreciated - thank you 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Ed Herring - Ed you are like a lot of South Aussies that I know - the quiet achievers 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif and you pop in here and pop out again keeping a watchful eye on things - it is great comfort knowing you are there - a lot of thanks 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

To all of you that have posted your comments as this new site was being developed in the thread helping to steer the site to deliver what you all want I have greatly appreciated your helpful comments - thank you very much you have made it easier 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Dipankar - I am sure everyone here would agree that the Flash work that you have done is truly remarkable - the home page captures the true Aussie feeling and the header makes me feel like i am up there flying - thank you and I really do apologise for being such pedantic about perfection in it all - I am sure you duck for cover every time you receive one of my emails 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Please, if there is anything you want to have here on this site then do not hesitate in letting me know!

• Like 1

Gosh - I never had any idea how big a production this forum is! And with the range of features and folders that had to be brought across - no wonder there was the odd 'wardrobe malfunction' ;-)

Well done to all involved - and thank you for providing us flyers with such a valuable service....

Cheers,

Chris

Ian.

A wonderful job done well. I had a little trouble geting back into the site, but it worked out in the end. Thanks to you and all your helpers.

I wish you and all the other forum members a Very Happy Christmas and SAFE FLYING.

Ian Borg