Cruise control for Aerochutes

Guest Fred

Just got the monthly newsletter from Aerochute and they are releasing a affordable do it yourself cruise control kit next month.The control lever is mounted on the cross bar under the front of the seat( right hand side),and has a mounting bracket under

the front throttle for engaging and disengaging.Might just be a good investment for those cross country trips.

Aerochute also have new fat wheels/brakes,bigger fuel tanks,extended fronts coming soon,,,,,been flying much Fred ?

Looks like the disk braking system is going to be used in tandem for the steering,like a bobcat.Looks also like JCs DFS Spartan is going on the

scrap heap now after these mods by the Contes,Yes 503 been flying every week,never tire of it.

At 20 ltrs an hour an only 29 usable ltrs in my machine,I don,t think a cruise control of much use as a cross country only covers 60 km round trip.

Aerochute are bringing out a larger fuel tank which will make it go further.At 70km p/hr dual,60km p/hr solo and a larger fuel tank and a cruise control looks more appealing.

Guest GraemeM
Aerochute are bringing out a larger fuel tank which will make it go further.At 70km p/hr dual,60km p/hr solo and a larger fuel tank and a cruise control looks more appealing.

How will that go in the Melb to Sydney air race?

Will you keep up with the DFS?

Graeme.

How will that go in the Melb to Sydney air race?Will you keep up with the DFS?

Graeme.

Not sure who would win that race,but it would be an awfully long boring ride on the DFS having a constant view of the back of pilot in front of you.

• 2 years later...

Got the cruise controls from Aerochute last week for $215 plus shipping,took her out for a 2 hr flight sure was great to have it on.They are a very easy to set up took me a half hour.They got them on their website and all you need to know.There isnt anything electrical about them which I like,just a simple cable and locking design.

• Like 1