Do Manufacturer’s ever have sales?

Am thinking (only thinking) of upgrading my aircraft. Thought if sales were low with manufacturers they might have end of year sales, special prices, offer discounts or throw in freebies like every other business does at time. But I’ve never heard of it happening with aircraft? Why not?

It happens all the time, usually around airshows, especially Oshkosh

Yes, you should see what deals can be done or thrown in, i am sure. If you cant do it yourself there are professional purchasers around that can do all the negotiation for you. Having said that i dont think there is the sales volume and commissions in selling aircraft. Remember the manufacturer needs to be there to support you years into the future and they cant do this unless they can make a profit.

Could be the first time ever .LoL

They did just that after the 50s, when there were huge surplus of military goods.

I even had a SuperSabre jet,fully fueled And armed given to me.

spacesailor

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Sales ??? -

I suspect most aircraft manufacturers build to order (or very close to it).

You may be lucky and score a factory demo but they are  few and far between. Alos they are usually "loaded" with most/all the extras that you can order, so are likely to be as costly as the new "povo"  job (which will probably fly better because its lighter)

• 3 weeks later...

Also, most aircraft manufacturers seem to have long waiting lists at the moment. If customers are buying as many aircraft as you can produce, at the list price, why would you lower the price? Good old supply and demand. Special deals are usually offered to sell surplus stock, but most aircraft are manufactured in low volume, and only built to order, so there is rarely any surplus.

In this age of "just-in-time" manufacturing and supply logistics there is less chance of stock surpluses in any industry, but manufacturers might offer deals if their factory is operating below full capacity. I bought a mid-range farm tractor last year, which is still a relatively low volume product but still many times that of aircraft, and it didn't start on the assembly line until I signed on the dotted line.