Does anyone know where all of SOAR Aviation aircraft are now that they have been shut down ?

Soar Aviation have many Foxbat and Bristol aircraft they used for training.

Now that they are no longer operating as a flight training school ( so I believe ) I presumed there would be numerous LSA aircraft coming onto the market.

I may have the wrong info but if it's true surely they would have to liquidate some of their planes.

It would be a good time to buy one of their aircraft as the market is dead at the moment!

Has anyone heard anything ?

Edited by Butch

What sites? I've been looking but have't seen any.

We used to call them the Grasshoppers (annoying pests)

They would arrive in swarms and overtake anything around them (and they spoke their own version of the English language) lol !

• Like 2

I fly out of YBDG !

It was only luck that there wasn't a collection of wrecks hidden behind the hangars.

We could have up to six soar aircraft in the circuit at one time most weekends...bloody scary !!!!!!

I was at Moorabbin a week ago (June 11) and there were at least 21 aircraft there, Bristells, Foxbats, an Aeroprakt 32, a Tecnam P2008, and an Aquila A210. Check out the Media section. Photos of 5 of them there, not all yellow, the others with SOAR logos. This video might give you some idea. It's pretty crappy, shot on my iPhone. It was very bright and I was looking toward the sun so couldn't see what was on the screen.

Edited by red750
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

Soar Aviation have many Foxbat and Bristol aircraft they used for training.

Now that they are no longer operating as a flight training school ( so I believe ) I presumed there would be numerous LSA aircraft coming onto the market.

I may have the wrong info but if it's true surely they would have to liquidate some of their planes.

It would be a good time to buy one of their aircraft as the market is dead at the moment!

Has anyone heard anything ?

@Butch - really sorry mate.. but couldn't help myself (and a bit of pot calling kettle black looking at some of my typos over the years... but your post did evoke some great visions...)

Nope - don't think they had any Beaufighters or any other of these: Bristol Built — Aerospace Bristol.. .:oh yeah:

I have to stop inviting Wolfie around....

Also, YBDG - great airfield... when I moved back to Aus in 2003 with the (then young) family, we lived in Bendigo for the first 6 months...

The bloke I worked for was Bob Downing - had a vineyard in Heathote... Great bloke.

@Butch - really sorry mate.. but couldn't help myself (and a bit of pot calling kettle black looking at some of my typos over the years... but your post did evoke some great visions...)

Nope - don't think they had any Beaufighters or any other of these: Bristol Built — Aerospace Bristol.. .:oh yeah:

I have to stop inviting Wolfie around....

Also, YBDG - great airfield... when I moved back to Aus in 2003 with the (then young) family, we lived in Bendigo for the first 6 months...

The bloke I worked for was Bob Downing - had a vineyard in Heathote…. Great bloke.

I meant Bristell Aircraft …..should have checked spelling lol !

Small world Jerry Atrick,

Bob Downing is a good mate of mine. We have shared a few bottles of red in our time.

He is a talented wine maker and produced some great reds.

Bob just sold his vineyard and has moved to Bendigo to retire with his wife Joy

When I see him I'll say g'day from you

I meant Bristell Aircraft …..should have checked spelling lol !

Small world Jerry Atrick,

Bob Downing is a good mate of mine. We have shared a few bottles of red in our time.

He is a talented wine maker and produced some great reds.

Bob just sold his vineyard and has moved to Bendigo to retire with his wife Joy.

When I see him I'll say g'day from you.

cheers Butch.

Edited by Butch

I fly out of YBDG !

It was only luck that there wasn't a collection of wrecks hidden behind the hangars.

We could have up to six soar aircraft in the circuit at one time most weekends...bloody scary !!!!!!

Where is YBDG?

Why not just use the Airport name, it only takes a millisecond longer to type?

• Like 1

Where is YBDG?

Why not just use the Airport name, it only takes a millisecond longer to type?

Bendigo Victoria........I was answering a post that already used YBDG as reference.

Sorry...... :doh:

YBDG is about 55nm wsw of YSHT?

You can't be serious? Are you a pilot??

I thought this was an aviation related forum ?

And yes I am a Pilot (CPL) with approx 2500 flying hours just making a point that it would be helpful to type BENDIGO rather than YBDG.

Lets leave it at that.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

And yes I am a Pilot (CPL) with approx 2500 flying hours just making a point that it would be helpful to type BENDIGO rather than YBDG.

Lets leave it at that.

Ok let's say that you typed in a place using the full spelling EG: Lombadina (that makes you happy) & I type in YLBD, what's the difference? Few would know where the joint is anyway spelt fully or using its aviation identity!!

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

Flightrite, you haven't been on here very long, but long enough to know it is a public site for non-fliers as well as fliers. In fairness to those just getting interested in flying, we try not to use codes, acronyms, etc. If you want to do that there is always Pprune.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3

Flightrite, you haven't been on here very long, but long enough to know it is a public site for non-fliers as well as fliers. In fairness to those just getting interested in flying, we try not to use codes, acronyms, etc. If you want to do that there is always Pprune.

Wow, just wow!?

• Like 1

I can google-map Bendigo, but not YBDG, if tht is their code.

Even Lombadina, 6725 WA.

It,s a lot harder using an airfield code.

( what would the code be for a YASS airfield. )

spacesailor

• Like 1

YBDG is about 55nm wsw of YSHT? You can't be serious? Are you a pilot?? I thought this was an aviation related forum ?

Yes, Flightrite. The topic of using ICAO airport codes was discussed here about a year ago. The argument was, as Red750 put it, that there are a lot of non-flyers accessing this site, and also we are scattered all over the country and international as well. If we were to rely solely on ICAO codes, many of us would either be unable to recognise a location, or would have to have a link to the list stored on our bookmark bar for quick reference.

One of the things we like to promote here is clear communication. As a first step, that means trying to avoid jargon, except where the context of the post makes the jargon clear. You have been a very active contributor since you joined two months ago, and we welcome that. Nobody means to demean you, but please make yourself aware of the customs followed here.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1

I'm sorry you guys feel that way, I would have thought that aviation terminology was acceptable here, obviously not the 'custom'?

And as for searching YBDG on Google it comes up top of the list out of zillions up as Bendigo!

End of story!

• Like 1

I'm sorry you guys feel that way, I would have thought that aviation terminology was acceptable here, obviously not the 'custom'?

And as for searching YBDG on Google it comes up top of the list out of zillions up as Bendigo!

End of story!

Flightrite, lets wind this up and move on.

All i, and others, were trying to say, is that its simpler to just quote the name of the Airport so that having to google it or search is not necessary.

There is no need for sarcasm or the need to ask personal questions like AM I A PILOT with a funny face beside it which i found offensive.

We all have our opinons and should be able to express them without being ridiculed.

I appreciate your views and simply ask that you respect mine, and accept other opinions.

• Agree 1