Another one just landed

stretch

Ok first of all I like to introduce myself, I'm Aaron Lawton. got about 80 hours up in PA38 tomahawk and C-172 combined. With a GFPT. My last flight was 2 years ago and my last training flight, which was 4 years ago was my first solo nav. Now I want to get my RAA licience. I live in brisbane and wanna gt back into flying jut RAA. How many hours will I need to do Approx to get my RAA licience with navigation and passenger ratiing? Where is good to go around brisbane? Redcliff, cabouluture caloundra? Want to fly something that looks like a aeroplane to no gliders with motors on them for me, no offence keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif. So looking at jabirue aircraft or something similiar to train in. So anyinfo and any help i can get will be great. THanks guys cant wait to meet you in the skies :thumb_up::rotary:

PS, im only small about 160cm or so. So something where i can reach the rudder pedals and see would also help

Guest Crezzi

They are both great planes. The Echo has grown on me the more I fly it - is a very good training plane.

The Sierra requires a little more finesse as it's higher performance with laminar flow wing. Last year I took it on a 10 day trip through Longreach, Birdsville, Flinders and back through Innaminka and I was very impressed with its capabilities. It would possibly suit you better with your GA experience.

I instruct part time with Pro-Sky at Caboolture so feel free to dismiss my comments as biased ;-)

Cheers

John

My 2 cents worth.

Hi Stretch.

I know you will be very satisfied with the Tecnam Echo & Pro Sky Caboolture, I know I was.

And once you have mastered the Echo jump into the Sierra.

Then once you have mastered the Sierra, think about getting your tailwheel endorsement in the Piper Cub at Caboolture Recreational.

YCAB is a great place to learn to fly at and to fly from.

And if you want, PM me and we can arrange a day and I'll take you flying in the A22 Foxbat.

Sean.

Pro sky seems the way to go then :) So what theory exams do I have to sit? I prob got 20 hours command time or so. I'd like to come up and have a look around see how I fit in aircraft and general look maybe even a fly. Being only small sometimes have trouble with viewing over dash and reaching rudder pedals :). Also Sean how much to come for a flight in the A22 foxbat? Is it your personal aircraft?

Cost you nothing at all.

If I have a spare seat you are more than welcome.

Send me a PM with your contact details and we'll set something up in the near future.

Sean.

Comfort and reach/vision.

Strech ,get yourself a personal hinged cushion so you won't have to stretch for the pedals. It is essential to be able to get full travel of the controls (especially on a tailwheel aircraft but it applies to being able to apply toe brakes and the rudder at the same time, as well. As you probably already know).

There are some minimum hours stipulated, but it is essentially a meet a "standard" system. A lot of people want to know what credit they get for previous GA experience. Best to not be concerned about that particularly, but it should show. Some pilots are disappointed that they do not perform to their OWN expectations, especially initially.

The smaller aircraft are a bit more "lively" than the stuff that you have been flying and require more well-coordinated small inputs generally, to be flown precisely, so I would say that they are a tad more difficult to fly. Adapt to your new environment and don't think that your previous experience is enough for you to "do it automatically". Don't be too hard on yourself. All the best Nev..

Im usualy pretty hard on myself anyway, the Pa38 has a max take off weigh t of about 759kg anyway/ Only ways about 600 when i fly it alone:) still heavier then the RAA aircraft though. But I hope that gives me some help flying lighties