Fatal crash at Caboolture

Guest Pabloako

A mate just rang GoFly and they think its a GA and its near the dump don't know about pilot or passenger if any...I never heard a pan pan or mayday at all or even any comments from other aircraft but a media help is at 500 ft over the dump....northern side of "one two"

Mark

Tragic! From what I've heard from a guy who heard the mayday call he was trying to get back to 24 but went in before.

I'm not sure I should identify the pilot just yet, but it was certainly a Europa XS, 912ULS powered aircraft.

Not that it really matters, but just wondering if it was confirmed to be VH registration or could it still be RA? Either way, very tragic!

GA, VH rego

Really sad. Too many fatalities in the last couple of weeks. Please everyone stay safe over easter, that goes for both in the air and on the roads.

Not wrong there shags. It would be great to be able to click on this box, to find no entries. But in reality, life is not always that generous.

Guest pookemon

Headline - "Pilot tried frantically to evacuate before fatal Caboolture plane crash"

From the Article - "``There was indication at the scene he was preparing for an emergency landing. It appeared to me that one of the doors had been popped open,''

What an absolute disgrace. Sensationalism in it's typically disgusting form.

What he actually did was he unlatched the door to prepare for an evacuation - which is a common procedure when preparing for an emergency landing (depending on the type).