Beautiful Day. . .Airfield mostly deserted.

Imagine the Airfield scene if you will, . . 13.5 C , and 1013 QFE on the barometer. . . Clear blue sky, just a coupla jet contrails scything across the Blue dome. . . Light breeze ie 5Kt S/Westerley. . . Had the day off work and sat there monitoring the new 8.33 Khz base radio setup. . .just Three insurgents in seven hours.  Most relaxing. . . The Noisiest was a Chinook,. . .which didn't announce it's impending arrival,. . .came in very low and did a Run On landing not far from the Clubhouse, which is fortunately well bolted down ( ! ) 

It was carrying a bunch of 'Tooled Up' squaddies on an exercise apparently. . . and they apologised for landing with no prior. . . .I had to let them off, as I was unarmed.  Two of them stepped off the ramp and had a quick look around, dressed in black, masked and hooded..  . . .It was a good job they didn't require tea, as the clubhouse was locked up and I have no key. . .

Apart from that little bit of excitement, I spoke to One Foxbat, one of ours,. . .and some guy in a Jodel, who was obviously using a WW2 valve radio set by the sound of it. . .  Our Club flyers are always whingeing about not being able to fly in the winter months,, and yet the weather has been very mild since the New Year began. . . .Today was exemplary,. . .albeit not much to do on the radio. . .

The guy in the Foxbt asked me how his audio sounded,. . I said @Fine'. . .He said "I should Bloody well hope so after spending twelve hundred bloody quid on this new wireless . .( he wan't happy about some mong in the EU deciding that this 8.33 business was a good idea,. .   It wasn't, he was right.  There was absolutely no need whatsoever to do it, but that's the EU..)

• Like 1

It was probably just as quiet over at “ The Green “ . Always loved flying around the Shropshire and Worcestershire area on a cool Winters day , it’s magic when the air is cool and dense , oh , the Staffordshire area ain’t bad either I recall . It’s reported you are to be subjected to the hottest forecasted February day on record maybe this weekend sometime . I can see the headlines now “ Gawd Blimey , it’s hotter than The Costas “ ?

It was probably just as quiet over at “ The Green “ . Always loved flying around the Shropshire and Worcestershire area on a cool Winters day , it’s magic when the air is cool and dense , oh , the Staffordshire area ain’t bad either I recall . It’s reported you are to be subjected to the hottest forecasted February day on record maybe this weekend sometime . I can see the headlines now “ Gawd Blimey , it’s hotter than The Costas “ ?

I'll be at Otherton over the weekend mate,. . .I've already had a PPR phone call from a gaggle who are flying up from near London and headed for Scotland,  seven of them,. . better make sure there's plenty of tea. . .

I haven't been for a sarnie to the Green for a while,. . have to blag a ride soon.  My kite is still in bits in a shed. . .

Forecast tomorrow is good, light S/W and possibly 15c ! ! !  Heatwave mate . .

Have a fun weekend . I hope the weather stays favourable for your intended visitors .

i understand the cafe at The Green is pretty good . I’ll have to give it a go the next time I’m in the area , hopefully , I’ll be there in September for the B of B display at Duxford , that’s the plan anyway .

Anyroad up , roll out the welcome mat for your visitors and keep drinking  the rosy lee .

Dave