Flight to Adani Carmichael mine site

JG3

lovely photos, the problem with mining is that as you can see by the photos, the rules aren't being enforced and the mining company can just walk away leaving the mess and the mine to rot. neither party cares about the environment anymore

• Like 2

Long term the water and arable land would have been more valuable. It's a disgrace to spoil the place like they do for off shore profits mainly. The royalties are all we really get , but wouldn't cover the cost of restoration even. Nev

• Like 4

Just came in from Middlemount this morning,Peabody energy appear to be very good with there Rehab work,Coppabella mine tailings dumps look nearly like a natural rising ground with extensive grass and trees planted.That's what i could see from the road anyway,behind that??This country is not in the same league as down in NSW,absolutely beautiful country side being dug up there,

• Agree 1

We don't know what royalties we will get, the Qld government is still negotiating.

Yesterday I heard the Rockhampton mayor say that they have the 2.4 million required for Adani in the budget. I am not sure what she meant, but it sounded as if Rocky has put away that money to pay Adani at some future date. I know they did go in with Gladstone council and collectively find money to attract fly in fly out to their aerodromes. I also heard that Gladstone was to be excluded.

Jobs, jobs, jobs is the call from those in authority, never mind if it is sensible or not.

The failure to restore mines to their original state is an absolute disgrace both from the greedy miners and the pathetic Qld government alike. I don't know where Adani finally got the money for its Carmichael mine but Banks won't go near them, nor venture capitalists. The Qld and Federal governments are there for some short term gain at the expense of Qlds greatest asset, the reef. The promised jobs won't materialise in the numbers bandied about and the stupid locals supporting them will suffer in the long term.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

The government have to fall in with the will of the people (however it's formed) or they won't be there. The truth isn't part of the hysteria which is controlled by a relatively small number of vocal and prominent VESTED INTERESTS who will suddenly become VERY INVISIBLE if the $#!t hits the fan in the future, and errors have to be addressed. Nev

We don't know what royalties we will get, the Qld government is still negotiating.

Yesterday I heard the Rockhampton mayor say that they have the 2.4 million required for Adani in the budget. I am not sure what she meant, but it sounded as if Rocky has put away that money to pay Adani at some future date. I know they did go in with Gladstone council and collectively find money to attract fly in fly out to their aerodromes. I also heard that Gladstone was to be excluded.

Jobs, jobs, jobs is the call from those in authority, never mind if it is sensible or not.

Rockhampton Regional Council have allocated 15 million towards the construction budget of the Adani Airport.

[/url]https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jan/17/queensland-councils-say-they-wont-own-adani-airport-despite-paying-34m

Cheers,

Jack.