Flying With The Angles!

farri

This morning, Fontini Von Gunten, lost her long battle with Breast Cancer.

Fontini, also known as Fonti and her husband, Uwe, were both students of mine, when I was instructing and both achieved their AUF pilot Certificate! they were keen Ultralight fliers and until recently, flew their X-Air from my strip! they were also personal friends of my wife Frances and Me.

Rest in peace Fonti, you will now be flying with the Angles.... Fontini Von Gunten,  13.08.65-----27.12.18.

Franco.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

As Fonti was an AUF pilot, I decided to post here for anyone who may have known her!

My wife Frances just made me aware of a photo she took at a gathering of some family and friends, at her house, just a few weeks ago! Fonti is the beautiful lady holding the flowers Frances gave her on the night.

20181026_191630.thumb.jpg.2051c0bd690695d32f6c460830dd8ae2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I am sorry for your loss Farri.

Having seen your posts on facebook I see how much this loss is hurting you. 

Chin up mate and remember those good times. 

Thinking of you and Frances.

• Winner 1

Thank you Geoff! it`s been a long time coming and so plenty of time to come to terms with it but it`s hard not to let the mind go back to better times and that is when it really hurts! Fonti was in her early thirties when I got a phone call from this lady I`d never met saying her and her husband, Uwe, were wanting to learn to fly! she was such a beautiful, full of go, soul... Hopefully, Uwe, will recover from his loss and start flying again.

Franco. 

• Like 2