Free mini-max plans

The offer is certainly good... I have a nice looking digital set of Mini-Max 103 plans on my hard drive.

The plans look good... could one scratch build a plane from them? Yes! Could I? Who knows....?

I chose the Max103 because it is designed to take the Hirth F33 motor.

Just had a look at the hirth engines, the F23 looks good, and about $5000 US, I reckon they'd be the go for these little jiggers!

The Hirth engines certainly look very impressive... at least on paper. The 1000 plus TBO's are a bonus compared to Rotax 2strokes.

Just a heads up... there is a 65hp 4-stroke engine on the market. Quicksilver Aircraft is marketing a twin cylinder with 1000hr tbo for $9000 (intro price) with everything. Harking it as a viable replacement for a Rotax 582. Might be too powerful for some of these plans... but it might not be too.

http://quicksilveraircraft.com.au/AEROTWIN.html

• Like 2

Seriously... I would love to get into a Quicksilver... My dream Ultralight. I see them as the J3 of the Ultralight World.001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

I have this prominently on my browser bar for when I am dreaming.

The Aerotwin Engine looks good...

And... they come in different shapes and sizes. 28-65hp... High Wing-Low Wing...

I reckon the midwing looks great... If 100 of us forumites download plans surely at least 1 or 2 of us will end up with completed aeroplanes? lol

Just had a look at the hirth engines, the F23 looks good, and about $5000 US, I reckon they'd be the go for these little jiggers![/quoteThe F23 looks great with the boxer configuration...

But on paper the 3202 looks better if not as pretty to look at IMO due to achieving its 55hp on much lower revs...

I've just ordered a set of eros plans as well. Maybe I should keep My Hirth 2706 65hp 2 stroke and not sell it......... unless there is someone interested in it for their new minimax. I even have a 3 bladed prop to suit.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I've just ordered a set of eros plans as well. Maybe I should keep My Hirth 2706 65hp 2 stroke and not sell it......... unless there is someone interested in it for their new minimax. I even have a 3 bladed prop to suit.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Hi Pete how much do you want for the hirth.

cheers Geoff.

A UD-2 is a one off design. its a two side by side with thruster wings mid mounted. I've been told that the UD stands for Ugly Duckling. It was regoed with the name Corella.

Geoff.............I would like 3500 for the engine and prop pluss freight. the engine has done 104 hrs and has the manual with it and the prop is a 3 bladed powerfin ground ajustable that is brand new unused.

I have had a look at the 1550 V-Max and Eros...

I am unlikely to bother, but I did ask MiniMax a few questions regarding powerplants... given my stature and availability of smaller Rotax engines (new) in Australia, I asked about using the Aerotwin turbo engine (4-stroke) or the Rotax 582, given both are above the 60hp max stated for the Vmax and well above the 50hp max stated for the Eros.

Sacrilegiously, I also asked about tricycle undercarriages.

The reply from Mini Max is below.

Good Day Adam,

Both the Eros and 1550 will fly with 50 hp, but don't expect much performance. 65hp would be preferable, but all depends on the budget too.

Yes they can be built in a tricycle configuration. There are no specific plans for it, but many customers have done nose wheel versions and we will be able to help with that.

As for kit cost, Kerry will have to help get a quote from Jdt USA.

Regards

Byron Trump

I had a bit of a look at the SD Mini Sport... mostly out of curiosity. However, I don't know that the MiniSport (Mini Max) planes and the Mini Sport are really comparable... maybe the full enclosed Eros is, but really, they are different classes of machine (in my mind, at least). Personally, I will buy a two-seater something (already built) later this year or early next. A build will wait until I have something else already flying... and then the motivation must also be there.

But for straight up cool-factor... if you are interested in single seat and the SD Mini Sport is of interest... then so too might the Pro Composites Personal Cruiser

But hey, only the MiniMax are offering free plans... and the other two are no-where near as cheap as the MiniMax.

That is the fold and glue aeroplane... Interesting eh. I started a thread on this machine recently on this site.

Didn't mean to steal your find. But yes it is a very interesting little commuter. Cheap, fast, cool looking but probably outside my skillset to built a good one. Me and composites... it would end up with a lumpy finish. Acutally, anything I built would either take a lifetime or would be crooked on completion.

I had a bit of a look at the SD Mini Sport... mostly out of curiosity. However, I don't know that the MiniSport planes and the Mini Sport are really comparable... maybe the full enclosed Eros is, but really, they are different classes of machine (in my mind, at least). Personally, I will buy a two-seater something (already built) later this year or early next. A build will wait until I have something else already flying... and then the motivation must also be there.But for straight up cool-factor... if you are interested in single seat and the SD Mini Sport is of interest... then so too might the Pro Composites Personal Cruiser

But hey, only the MiniMax are offering free plans... and the other two are no-where near as cheap as the MiniMax.

Comparable on price.Both complete would come in at a similar price I think Give or take a couple of thousand.