Fuel Bladder

Skippy, you've put up a link to their water bladders. I presume you meant to link to their fuel bladders page.

Fuel bladders

The 4-Wheel-Driving set are keen on their bladders. I'd really like to see if their fuel bladders are tough enough to provide satisfactory service without rupturing, in the somewhat more testing aircraft environment.

I'd hate to think what the result would be, of a fuel bladder rupturing in flight, due to severe turbulence and possible impact with something that punctured or tore the bladder.

The seller says they are made from reinforced TPU (Thermoplastic Poly Urethane), but they fail to state what material they are actually reinforced with.

Skippy, you've put up a link to their water bladders. I presume you meant to link to their fuel bladders page.

Fuel bladders

The 4-Wheel-Driving set are keen on their bladders. I'd really like to see if their fuel bladders are tough enough to provide satisfactory service without rupturing, in the somewhat more testing aircraft environment.

I'd hate to think what the result would be, of a fuel bladder rupturing in flight, due to severe turbulence and possible impact with something that punctured or tore the bladder.

The seller says they are made from reinforced TPU (Thermoplastic Poly Urethane), but they fail to state what material they are actually reinforced with.

Just testing your computer skills (ha!) Sorry.

The design of the FUEL bladder - squarish with tie down eyelets at each corner looked pretty good.

I use a couple of collapsible jerry cans made by this lot

http://www.liquidcontainment.com.au/page/contact-us

They look the same as the others posted. In my opinion they are probable stronger than your aircraft's fuel tank. You would be doing very well to accidentally puncture one, I would think it difficult to deliberately puncture one.

I use a couple of collapsible jerry cans made by this lot

http://www.liquidcontainment.com.au/page/contact-us

They look the same as the others posted. In my opinion they are probable stronger than your aircraft's fuel tank. You would be doing very well to accidentally puncture one, I would think it difficult to deliberately puncture one.

I think the testimonial on the Liquid Containment website is particularly good. The odour-proof barrier is critical, as regards confined spaces.

Liquid Containment 16/20 litre jerrycan

Yep! I have two 20 L collectables for long away trips - very useful.

Everything comes with a down side - the collapsible Jerry/bladder is quite difficult to pour out of, where the fill point is raised anywhere above about waist hight, hence my development of a very cost effective (build yourself) 12V (ship power) transfer pump (see conversation photos elsewhere on this Forum).

What I liked about the fuel bladders from Fleximake are that they are designed (by enlarge) to be used as lay flat  units and have what looks like excellent securing options (https://fmestore.com.au/product-category/flexible-tanks-bladders/fuel-bladders/)

• Informative 1

Everything comes with a down side - the collapsible Jerry/bladder is quite difficult to pour out of, where the fill point is raised anywhere above about waist hight, hence my development of a very cost effective (build yourself) 12V (ship power) transfer pump (see conversation photos elsewhere on this Forum).

I find them no more difficult than normal jerries. The only time I have trouble is when it's windy. I use a Mr Funnel and don't usually bother with the screw in spout.

My fill point is fwd of the cockpit at about chest height.

In any case,  I think the concerns of the Onetrack were about the integrity of the bladder itself. I would suggest they are quite resilient.

I also find that the jerries act as a lay flat unit. I can get 23 litres in them easily and then lay them flat in my wing lockers (1 each side) and still have room for other bits.

A rigid plastic jerry also fits but leaves less usable space.

I find them no more difficult than normal jerries. The only time I have trouble is when it's windy. I use a Mr Funnel and don't usually bother with the screw in spout.

My fill point is fwd of the cockpit at about chest height.

I

You must have the "knack" - most people  find the "floppy" nature of the bladders, combined with having to lift above wast hight, to be quite difficult (& tiring) to achieve a well controlled pour - spillage is the norm.