Garmin Aera 660?

Considering purchase of the Aera 660, have read many reviews etc which are mainly overseas ones. The vendors here simply publish the Garmin blurb and nothing relative to Australia. I am interested in subscription costs etc which I believe is Jepessen?

ADSB in is available as a Garmin accessory but I was wondering IF the new Skyecho unit would connect to the 660?

I know people use iPads etc to do a similar job with Avplan etc etc, but I want a stand alone dedicated solution.

Any help appreciated.

I recon a mini iPad cellular with ozrwy mounted or on a knee pad is all we need. Can over lay rain, wind etc. put a 10 Nml ring around you and reminds for inbound call. Projects 10 Nml heading line. Shows other traffic and all features getting better. You can review flight history and view track of previous flights. About $1,000 all up.

• Like 2

Unless you're a proffesional pilot flying city or major regional routes, ozrunways on an apple or android device of your choice is hard to beat.

If you have a tablet or smart phone it is free to try.

Ozrunways also have adsb-in capability.

I had jepessen maps initally in my Dynon. It was fairly poor and expensive for a country rec pilot.

More commercial oriented was my impression.

• Like 2