G'day - new member

spenaroo

Gday,

been reading the forum for a week or two when I get a few minutes free.

Ive recently started learning to fly, hoping to achieve an RPC (just interested in small single and two seaters - figured this would be the cheaper/easier option)

I am about 3 hours into it. so far find it relaxing, but at the same time a bit unnerving as I get used to it all. A lot to get the feel for and learn.

A little about me, I'm a 27 single male (dateless) and have a background in motorcycles - both working in the industry as a parts interpreter, and riding them as a hobby. I also play with Jet-skis having rebuilt an older Kawasaki stand-up

always had an interest in anything mechanical and had toyed with the idea of flying ultralights a few times, but always dismissed it as too expensive.

Had a change this year. With a job that gives me every second Thursday off (time), and completed paying off my current toys (money).

Discovering Trent Palmer's videos, and the realization I couldn't justify the time/expense to start motorcycle racing (which I'd been budgeting for) was the tipping point that got me into a trial flight.

• Like 3

Don't worry,

Its part of my identity. probably always keep a bike around.

current favorite is my modified Ducati monster S2R, it was purchased from a good friend after I fractured a vertebrae. in an indecent that killed my trusty bandit, which I was riding at the time,

lets just say feeling like I got hit by a truck is a legitimate point of reference for me.

also have a Suzuki Vstrom in the garage for long distance touring.

Don't worry,

Its part of my identity. probably always keep a bike around.

current favorite is my modified Ducati monster S2R, it was purchased from a good friend after I fractured a vertebrae. in an indecent that killed my trusty bandit, which I was riding at the time,

lets just say feeling like I got hit by a truck is a legitimate point of reference for me.

also have a Suzuki Vstrom in the garage for long distance touring.

The bike riding will help with balance. . .EVERY PILOT I KNOW, HAS HAD BIKE EXPERIENCE. . .attracts them like flies. . . and it certainly helps with coordination in flight training. . .  Best of fortune with your ongoing training mate, and welcome to the forum too. . .   :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Gday,

G`Day, to you also spenaroo and  098_welcome.gif.3d5ee1df950cced34f20fdc54b4337e6.gif !!! Rode a motorbike for years, couldn`t see myself ever being without one! The Drifter does it all for me these days!

• Like 1