Heart Attack

derekliston

As I am fond of saying, life gets in the way of aircraft building! A week ago last Sunday I went for a fly with Hans at Kilcoy and commented that he gives me hope for finishing and flying my CH701, his comment was, there doesn't look to be much wring with you! Well, last Saturday whilst in Warwick to help friends move house when I suffered chest pains, turned out I had a myocardial infarct. Home again now, stent in place, from the PA but now have to find out how this affects my licence. Worst case scenario, there might be a brand new CH701 on the market! Bright side, if there is a bright side, I had a nice, free, chopper ride from Warwick hospital to the PA!

Derek, there is a minimum time till you can exercise the privileges of your licence (even driving a car). A while ago you would even get back a class one, but you won't be eligible for the RPL as it now stands. Ring me if you want a chat.. Provide email and I'll' give you my details. . Nev

• Caution 1

Derek you should have registered RAA not experimental then there would be no issue

Shouldn't be any issue re-registering RAA now anyway, Reg's first savannah was VH for a very short while before being re-registered with RAA. Worst thing with RAA is you have to re-new it every year. I have a very nice building bench I am nearly finished with, I would be happy to deliver it back to your place if you want to sell off the VH and start building your RAA plane!