Helicopter bites the dust at Camden

This afternoon a two seater helicopter broke its back at Camden Airport. Two persons on board, at least one received stretcher attention after evacuating the aircraft. No fire.

I can't say much more because we were all heads down and tails up in the hangar when it happened. First we knew about it was when the procession of red & blue lights headed onto the airfield.

OME

Guest ozzie

Hmm i'll take a shot at this.

Practise power failure in a R22 and hit a bit hard and the rotor chopped the boom off.

am i close??????

Yes, it was a Cabri with Instructor and student on board. I believe that it was based at Bankstown. It was a simple training accident. The best part is that there is now one less of the Devils' spawn to be rejected skyward by Mother Earth.

OME

• Like 2

Guest pookemon

Didn't you know OME - over night the two halves will grow into two complete egg beaters - tomorrow there'll be double the Devil's spawn...

Didn't you know OME - over night the two halves will grow into two complete egg beaters - tomorrow there'll be double the Devil's spawn...

Looks like I'll have to plant some dragon's teeth to ward off the Devil's Spawn.

OME

"Bloody Ceiling Fans"!

I've seen the thing flying around Bankstown quite a few times and wondered what it was, thought it was possibly an Angel from a distance, certainly very quiet in operation.

Hopefully all on board will OK, and be able to revert to a fixed wing with fewer moving parts.

The R22 that crashed pollinating sorghum at Tamworth this week didn't burn, fire isn't mandatory!

Have a read of the flight manual of one, it appears the company that produce them seem to think its mandatory..;).. If they dont, its the exception rather than the rule..

We recently had 3 lawyers willing to fly out from the USA to view a some photos of the milliseconds after a robbo's blades struck the ground. The fire was well under way before the thing came to a stop.

The contents of one of the fuel tanks emptied into the cockpit. Apparently there is a law suit under way in the states (not that that means too much in the USA) against robbo.

If you have one, get the bladder tank mod done ASAP. tip..

• Like 1