Hi Everyone - newby post

effinqueue

Hello my name is Martyn - just joined today. Live in the deep north of QLD in a little village called Kuranda just west of Cairns. Used to be a motor mechanic but now work in Cairns in a shop selling bearings, tools, car parts and hydraulic hoses among other things. I own a RA-Aus registered Pelican PL which was built a while back by a guy in Ayr and I'm hoping for one thing to hook up with other Pelican owners on here.

Have been browsing the forums for a while so decided now's the time to log on.

• Like 2

Welcome,

you live in Gods own country!

Stuck in Vic .....11degrees C today and looking at your forecast of around 28c.

Would love to retire in Port D one day............Dream on ????☀☀☀

just happen to have a ''new comer'' on my field.. one of the first ''Le Pelican'' ,,, ( 1984 ) few years later, they started with the composite fuselage and aluminum/foam wing ( pelican club) and in 1991, with the PL ( aluminum wings ) and 10 years later with the Sport 600 ( different wing airfoil )

494358060_LePelican..thumb.jpeg.579a53167a47c216fa4c2e91bb4fbe22.jpeg

1062248957_LePelican.thumb.jpeg.ee881a7752e253a4354e888f63b9c705.jpeg

• Like 1

just happen to have a ''new comer'' on my field.. one of the first ''Le Pelican'' ,,, ( 1984 ) few years later, they started with the composite fuselage and aluminum/foam wing ( pelican club) and in 1991, with the PL ( aluminum wings ) and 10 years later with the Sport 600 ( different wing airfoil )

Looks like fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello my name is Martyn - just joined today. Live in the deep north of QLD in a little village called Kuranda just west of Cairns.

Hello Martyn, welcome! :wave:...........I live with my wife on our rural property at Deeral, 45 klm South of Cairns... I`ve been flying Ultralights from our property since the late mid eighties! currently fly my Drifter but started flying by scratch building my own and have flown numerous different types.

You`re welcome to come and say G`Day! if you`re on facebook you`ll find me here, Franco Arri

Franco.

Martyn, I`ve just remembered that way back I test flew this AC for a guy who`d purchased it but hadn`t flown it! I recall it as a Pelican (?)! could your AC possibly be this one?...That`s me in it.

117373679_TestFlight!.jpg.28188f0a2a6608b90f17170712c8886d.jpg

Franco.

Martyn, I`ve just remembered that way back I test flew this AC for a guy who`d purchased it but hadn`t flown it! I recall it as a Pelican (?)! could your AC possibly be this one?...That`s me in it.

[ATTACH type=full" alt="Test Flight!.jpg]56148[/ATTACH]

Franco.

Hi Franco this is the earlier Le Pelican mine is a Pelican PL

98205238_3198953343468505_6435200502333440000_n.jpg.a5312fbdd7710a074fcf43c00a06b787.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Martyn, welcome! :wave:...........I live with my wife on our rural property at Deeral, 45 klm South of Cairns... I`ve been flying Ultralights from our property since the late mid eighties! currently fly my Drifter but started flying by scratch building my own and have flown numerous different types.

You`re welcome to come and say G`Day! if you`re on facebook you`ll find me here, Franco Arri

Franco.

Hi there Franco

Just had a quick browse on your facebook page and your place there looks great what with all your lovely plants and flowers everywhere. Those drifters look like a lot of fun.

I trained with Ron Watson in Innisfail and he pointed out your place once when we were on a nav to Gordonvale and the tablelands.

Sorry bout the short message but getting late after a big day at work - I'll get back to you soon.

• Like 1