Hi everyone

BenAW

Visited the old site often for the more than excellent meteo tutorials, which I use as a reference to check and expand my knowledge.

Now here for the same reason.

Background a lifelong career as airline pilot, with additional (para)gliding experience. Now retired.

Mostly flew Boeing equipment (737,747, 777), DC-9, and some Twin Otter.

Yeah. A chop suey of topics.

Hi Ben. . .yes indeed. . .a veritable Vindaloo of stuff hereabouts . .

It has puzzled me a little as to why lifelong professional pilots would wish to continue aviating following retirement.   

At my local Aero club, there are a number of chaps who are doing just this, one of whom not only flew A-320 for a living, but was also a weekend assistant CFI at a GA / Microlight airfield in the South of England for recreation prior to moving OOP NORTH  near to where I live. . . .   

His lovely Wife calls him 'Captain SILLYSOD'  ( Flying never blew her frock up apparently ! )  One is a Powered Hang glider owner, the others own and fly various microlight three axis and flexwing trikes. . .

We also have a current 747 cargo captain who likes really basic STICK INSECT aircraft. . .  

Welcome Sir.

Proves they are the real McCoy and hooked on aviation and crazy like all others who fly. Nev

That last feller I mentioned definitely has a bit of the 'crazy' about him . . . some years back, he imported a very basic ultralight from the States and assembled it as a demonstrator, but forgot to check first if the governing bodies would approve it in the UK. . . . .they didn't ! ! 

That last feller I mentioned definitely has a bit of the 'crazy' about him . . . some years back, he imported a very basic ultralight from the States and assembled it as a demonstrator, but forgot to check first if the governing bodies would approve it in the UK. . . . .they didn't ! ! 

Dont let them poms out in the midday sun.....see what it does to them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1