Nose gear suspension ideas!

I am planning on building a savannah shortly, and plan on using it on a few unprepared strips at friends properties. so Tundra tyres will be a certainty, but i am always weary of the nosewheel on rough surfaces...

so with this in mind, i have come across a few strange setups....

Ultralights

i have even thought about replacing the spring steel UC structure with a lot lighter Alloy variety, but modified with a lever type shock system, with the spring and dampner inside the fusealage or other setups even with Bungee cord... maybe this will be a project for my engineering degree i plan on starting soon...

any other thoughs on suspension setups? especially now with such lightweight materials available and in use on light weight motorbikes and racing quad bikes.

Guest micgrace

Hi

thought a bit about that one. Possibly use a coil over schock for the leg of the nosewheel. With some sort of top bearing plate/retainer at the top instead of the usual mount aka "mcpherson strut".

And for the mains, why not a fixed top out at angle from longeron with intregral axle. Some fancy machining required for that.

Might actually work too.

Micgracesmiley1.gif