How has COVID 19 affected your flying or intended flying

SSCBD

Question

Just looking at the lets say older members here (which I am one) - do you intend to fly or stay away.

What are the local flying schools doing? Are they still operating as normal.

• Like 1

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the coronavirus should have much affect our little planes. Don't they help maintain social distancing?

But, have anybody been watching Flightradar? I'm in South Tasmania where we only hear jets when they are bombing fires. Just now a jet overflow - it is a Qatar 777 going from Auckland to Doha - not sure why it came so far south. Still plenty of jets in the air in spite of all the gloom about routes being closed.

• Agree 1

South Australia locked its borders this afternoon, Victoria and NSW have committed to lock downs this afternoon. The National Cabinet is meeting tonight, and almost certainly that will result in a match up for other States and Territories. Look at the warnings State by State, they can be changing hourly. Recreational Flying is non essential and the penalties are huge, with good reason; 50,000 to 150,000 Australians are predicted to die over the next few months.

I understand why the authorities want to curtail unneccesary movement of people, but we should be allowed to go for a local flight and return to the same location.

I'd expect they will want us off the road unless for essential reasons, won't be allowed to travel to airfield. Maybe allowable reason would be to do a medical parcel drop out to a property or some toilet paper, soap etc. Those with home strips would be alright. Cheers and stay safe all.

I understand why the authorities want to curtail unneccesary movement of people, but we should be allowed to go for a local flight and return to the same location.

The problem comes if you have the virus and happen to meet somone at the airfield or vice versa, and also any Service Station, or cafe along the way.

The lockdown information should be available early tomorrow morning; it's State based so might vary from State to State.

• Like 1

The National Cabinet Meeting has concluded and the Prime Minister has advised the unanimous decisions of the Commonwealth, States and Territories. He was followed by the Chief Medical Officer.

A lot of people are not goint to be able to travel to work after mid day tomorrow, cafes become takeaway only, and about twenty minutes of other decisions.

I would recommend everyone look at the Channel 9 App because these are major changes to our way of life starting tomorrow, and probably not ending for six months.

• Informative 1

BFR due so no flying until a solution is found or an extension is granted.

I hope this and a host of other deadlines will be extended to allow the community to cope with this emergency. Home loan repayments will surely have to be included. There is a movement to ban foreclosures and evictions.

I hope this and a host of other deadlines will be extended to allow the community to cope with this emergency. Home loan repayments will surely have to be included. There is a movement to ban foreclosures and evictions.

I can't remember exactly what was said, but about a week ago Banks agreed to allow mortgage repayments to be moved out to when the crisis is over, so that takes a huge weight of many families. The load period is just extended at the end by the number of months.

Many other forms of assistance to people who've lost their jobs (and tens of thousands just lost theirs a few minutes ago because they will no longer be allowed to drive to work).

The announcements by the National Cabinet have been clear cut, but released day by day, so you have to go to the Commonwealth and State government websites and follow the links for your particular profession. Within your own community you may have to help a lot of people understand that they will not be out on the street.

• Like 1

No doubt here will be a plethora of uintended consequences, but are some intended? Nev

Now is not the time for playing politics.

As it happens, I have the numbers because I'm working onsomething else.

National Cabinet

Prime Minister: LNP

Qld Premier: Labor

NSW Premier: LNP

Victorian Premier: Labor

Tasmanian Premier: LNP

South Australian Premier: LNP

Western Australian Premier: Labor

ACT Chief Minister: Labor

NT Chief Minister: Labor

Labor - 5

LNP - 4

It's working well because there's a good bipartisan balance.

There's not much chance of any Right Wing agendas coming out of that, or Left.

The Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Paul Kelly has announced they are expecting a best case of 50,000 deaths and worst case of 150,000 deaths

In two or three weeks time when the parents and grandparents start to go, the mood of the Australian people will be such that I wouldn't want to be any Australian politician who strays from the path of doing everything he/she can to save lives, support people out of work, and bring the financial recovery as forward as fast as possible.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I'm not sure when the Airline shutdown takes place but there are planes everywhere on Flight Radar 24. As of yesterday commercial flights were down 13% on 2019 levels. So long as I can get to the aerodrome, I am healthy, the weather is good, & I can get fuel there is no reason why I can't go for a local flight & return home as far as I can see.

• Like 3

CONSPIRICY ,!

If 100,000 die, mostly elderly ( war-babies ), and their children ,mostly pensioners.

The government will not have to pay that poverty pension, as the following generations will be super-annuants.

SO IT SEEMS IT IS A CONSPIRICY.

spacesailor

I was out flying yesterday, and about to book another lesson for next week,

as long as work doesn't stop paying me - I'll keep flying.

Edited by spenaroo