In Memorium

I used to live not far from the site at Broadway . It’s atop a hill and is visible for many miles around . The Whitley crashed on the only hill for many a mile around . Unfortunately there are many such sites in the UK , although many are not recognised as sites of significance now . A Halifax bomber crashed on return from a bombing raid in our local town killing a number of crew and people on the ground . It crashed on a row of houses , in coincidentally for this site anyway Adelaide Street . 

If you're on Facebook, have a look at the page "Aircraft Crashes of Northern Queensland 1942-1945".  There's also a book by the same name, and they've got a few other books still in the works.  These guys have done some amazing research on Australia's WW2 aviation history, helping families find out information about and what happened to their loved one's, along with getting memorials established at various crash sites across the north. 

• 10 months later...
If you're on Facebook, have a look at the page "Aircraft Crashes of Northern Queensland 1942-1945".  There's also a book by the same name, and they've got a few other books still in the works.  These guys have done some amazing research on Australia's WW2 aviation history, helping families find out information about and what happened to their loved one's, along with getting memorials established at various crash sites across the north. 

In case any World War 2 aviation history buffs are interested, the above mentioned Facebook page is now “Aircraft crashes of northern queensland and the pacific during world war 2”.  They’ve been gathering some really great information and photos.  Cheers.  P.S. I’m not associated with them, I just have a passion for aviation history.

NSSS - That Facebook page says it is no longer being updated, from 11th November 2019.

The “Aircraft Crashes of Northern Queensland and the Pacific during World War 2” FB page has still been getting content added/uploaded since then.  The latest was about half an hour ago.  I’ve messaged the page Admin to find out what the go is, and will let you know ASAP. Cheers

• Informative 2

The “Aircraft Crashes of Northern Queensland and the Pacific during World War 2” FB page has still been getting content added/uploaded since then.  The latest was about half an hour ago.  I’ve messaged the page Admin to find out what the go is, and will let you know ASAP. Cheers

I’ve got a reply from the FB page Admin.  You should able to select the “Join” tab, and then they just require you to answer the questions. Cheers

• Informative 1