INSANE Tanarg Flight

What magnificent scenery. Surprised the little Rotax could climb that high in a trike. Engine failure would have been interesting, but he appeared to have that deep valley within glide reach most of the time. I hope he had his heated undies on. LOL

What magnificent scenery. Surprised the little Rotax could climb that high in a trike. Engine failure would have been interesting, but he appeared to have that deep valley within glide reach most of the time. I hope he had his heated undies on. LOL

David,

10000 ft in a 100 hp powered trike would be no problem at all, it would have a far better ROC than any GA piston single.

My 80hp 912 trike used to climb out at 1500 +fpm no problem at 50kias.

As for the cold, yep up there you feel it.

Alf

• Informative 1

Didnt a Rotax powered pipistrel sirus fly over Mt Everest on its round the world trip recently?

That's certainly possible - Richard Meredith-Hardy did it a few years ago. He was flying a trike AND towing a hang-glider !

Cheers

John

Yeh Doug.. your are on the ball.. nothin wrong with your Purr-iffeR-alll Vvvvision. Yes.. if you look closssserrr.. you can see other trikes flying this INSANE journey of man & machine.. some 5 or 6 times!

Their were four pilots, Henry, David, Tom and George.. three Tanarg BioniX machines and an ASTRA trike.. kinda like a Quik R or similar..

Sharing imagery of trike flying from friends across the globe, increases your passion to fly I feel.. its sure does for me..!

Just love technology these days..

Hey John.. been a long time mate.. your post jolted my thoughts! Yep.. we did many thing a few years ago.. great to see you are keeping the dream alive. Be good to catch up sometime soon. Cheers.

Aye - I'm still "bar shifting" as often as possible :-)

An inland trip to catch up is long overdue !

Cheers

John

PS excellent video BTW

With standard lapse rate a 20 degree day is zero at 10,000 ft and the chill factor makes it really felt. Nev

IIRC I saw negative 28 deg in a trike at 10,000 ft (UK wintertime) . I was wearing pretty much everything I owned ;-)

• 4 years later...