Interested in hummerchute

Hi All, Am new to this forum and new to powered chutes. I live in North Queensland and feel the Hummerchute may be better up here with our heat etc. Has anyone flown both the 503 and the 582 from Aerochute .

Guest GraemeM

There are better machines around than the Aerochute mate, keep looking.

Graeme. Ingham NQ.

• 1 month later...
Hi All, Am new to this forum and new to powered chutes. I live in North Queensland and feel the Hummerchute may be better up here with our heat etc. Has anyone flown both the 503 and the 582 from Aerochute .

Timbgy, I have flown both, I have taken the 582 on a demo - but I own a 503 (so I am a little bit biased). I decided that it wasn't worth me upgrading because of my particular situation - custom built covered trailer suiting the square framed 503. The Hummer has heaps of power, and you get great lift from the larger prop that comes standard. I opted for a new trimmed chute (slower, but greater lift) and the longer, rubber edged, Bolly prop (more thrust = greater lift) - and I am as happy as a pig in p00!

Peter

You mean 'crosswind' bones?

Eighty, well yes and no, its just that Timbgy is from YCHT same as me and i just wondering if there is a limit to what wind you can fly in, i know when i was hang gliding and the paragliders would stop flying over 15kt(roughly) and that when the hang gliders would sort of start.

Just that not many days up yes its not blowing 10-15 kts, so it was a serious question

The Aerochute takes off and lands into wind, does not handle crosswind landings well but doesn't need to as will land in a small area. Factory recommended wind capabilities is max 15kts, 8kts for takeoff. The 8 knots for takeoff is variable, as long as the chute will stay on the ground for setup it is OK to fly. I have flown in over 15kts but as the airspeed is only around 30kts there is really not much point as you will not be going far, or have trouble getting back, depending which way you go. The wind speed when airborne doesnt matter too much and doesn't affect flight characteristics as long as you can get where you want to go. The Aerochute seems to handle winds very well and even in turbulent conditions down low can be a lot of fun. We often fly when the paragligers pack up for the day, being lighter they get tossed around more.

• Like 1

Suitman thanks for that info. Have done some more research and like the look of the Steel Breeze, like the tandem set up, 582, steering, brakes and not too bad a price from the States for a new machine. But like any toy have to wait for some coin to roll in before anything happens.

Guest GraemeM

G

Suitman thanks for that info. Have done some more research and like the look of the Steel Breeze, like the tandem set up, 582, steering, brakes and not too bad a price from the States for a new machine. But like any toy have to wait for some coin to roll in before anything happens.

Good choice mate.

Having a stearable machine will allow you to take off with cross winds once you learn how.

Graeme.

All good Graeme, I have cleared (for the want of a better description) a round strip at the house so I can avoid the cross wind problems when operating from home. Sounds like having steering will be an advantage when not flying local, just have to learn how its done.

Tim

Good luck Tim, ill drop over to see your circuit strip(you finally done it 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif) in the next week, got a few circuits to do :rotary: I thought it was you augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

• 2 months later...

Not sure how this all works, whether I'am meant to start anther page or what ever. Just keeping up to date , fishing boat sold so have put down a deposit on a new Steel Breeze from the States. Because the frame is welded it will come by boat and may take 3 months or longer to arrive. Will be fun getting here at the start of our wet season but flying after rain is a sight to be seen.

Not sure how this all works, whether I'am meant to start anther page or what ever. Just keeping up to date , fishing boat sold so have put down a deposit on a new Steel Breeze from the States. Because the frame is welded it will come by boat and may take 3 months or longer to arrive. Will be fun getting here at the start of our wet season but flying after rain is a sight to be seen.

Well done Tim, good choice, I think you will be very happy.

What wing are you going to use?

Graeme.

Morning Graeme, have gone with the Box 500 wing . May change down the track , just want to learn with the more docile wing first. Only other change from standard are Tundra tyres and a strobe.

I am building another machine at the moment and should be finished about the time yours gets here.

I will throw it on the ute and come out for a visit to the Towers, maybe even get those gyro nuts out there to join us for a story telling time.

Graeme.

Just don't touch the Jesus nuts.

Rotory wing blokes are a tad anoyed about people touching their nuts.

I hear the plank flyers are ok with it:amazon:

Graeme.

I am building another machine at the moment and should be finished about the time yours gets here.I will throw it on the ute and come out for a visit to the Towers, maybe even get those gyro nuts out there to join us for a story telling time.

Graeme.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm sure we could get the gryo boys to drop in.

• 2 months later...

Morning All, update time . Steel Breeze has left the States. Funny what you do when you have too much time on your hands but have been tracking the ship its on with a ship finder web site. All going well will dock in Melbourne on the 8/12. With this in mind need to start to look for com gear, this will have been done to death on here I feel but here goes. From experience what brand of radios are value for money, what works better in powered parachutes hand held or hard wired, also looking to have UHF coms. While on the subject what helmets are comfortable and reliable, I know there are many and the skies the limit on price but best to ask those who have used them before I purchase any. Thanks.

Morning All, update time . Steel Breeze has left the States. Funny what you do when you have too much time on your hands but have been tracking the ship its on with a ship finder web site. All going well will dock in Melbourne on the 8/12. With this in mind need to start to look for com gear, this will have been done to death on here I feel but here goes. From experience what brand of radios are value for money, what works better in powered parachutes hand held or hard wired, also looking to have UHF coms. While on the subject what helmets are comfortable and reliable, I know there are many and the skies the limit on price but best to ask those who have used them before I purchase any. Thanks.

Gday Timbgy I found the ICOM-A15 the best value for money,they are a hand held VHF radio,and they work well on my intercom,while flying my

Aerochute.UHF handhelds are ok if your flying in valleys or mountainous areas,but are a bit more pricey.As far as helmets go,its everyone to their

own,but I found ,just a good brand bicycle helmet works great,more wind around the head area giving you a more free feeling and less bulkiness.Hope

all goes well with your Steelbreeze.

Timbgy, send a PM to "Kyle Communications" on this forum and he will give you all the advice you need on radios and how to wire them up.

Cheers