Interesting Show On Tv

willedoo

I watched it as well.:)

It was a good show, Dazza, worth watching. There must be a fairly big demand for Lake Eyre flights these days. I haven't been to William Creek in almost 30 years, things seem to have changed a bit with tourism since then.

Guest aviatrix27

I was at William Creek a few months ago, it's no bigger than it was on my first visit 8 years ago, but the strip is now sealed and Trev seems to own every piece of real estate! Glad to see someone making money from aviation for once. Talia is a brilliant young woman and I'm proud to know her.

Interesting to see the Oldfield name come up, too: we were reasonably au fait with the country up around Maree and very much associate it with that region.

As a semi-aside, when would the strip have been hard sealed - anyone know?

Interesting to see the Oldfield name come up, too: we were reasonably au fait with the country up around Maree and very much associate it with that region.As a semi-aside, when would the strip have been hard sealed - anyone know?

It wasn't sealed in July 2010 as the great big nick in my Foxbat's prop would attest. A minor blip in a good trip.

• 7 years later...

Veeeerry old thread (revived)

This Sunday on SBS at 7:30 pm - The Greatest Air Race - the 1919 England to Australia Air Race, featuring Ross Smith and his crew. Set your DVD recorder.

• Like 2

In fact there is an overload of flying stuff on TV tomorrow night and it's going to be hard to choose. The above program is from 7:30 to 8:30 pm, while on Channel 9, at least in Melbourne, at 8:00 to 9:00 pm, there is a film "Boeing's Killer Plane", about the Lion Air 737 Max crash, followed by "Sully".