It's finally done !

Case

After a couple of years of searching and procrastinating I've finally made up my mind and ordered the Zodiac kit. The deposit is paid and I expect I will see the kit around May. You don't realise how much mental energy you use in the process but it's amazing what a relief it is to get the decision out of the road. ;)

I'm not sure where to keep a record of the building process. I've see Eddie Seve's effort in Kitlog Pro so I think that may be the way to go.

It's time we did a head count of Zodiac builders. There were at least 4 (5 now :big_grin:)

Congratulations and best wishes with the project.

I understand the relief at having finally made the decision.

I spent 18months of indecision, frustration and tire kicking before selecting my plane.

And all I really gained in that time was 18 months of being earth bound.

Davidh

Well done chap, I'm sure that trying to decide what to buy will have been far harder than the build process! I still can't make up my mind, and every time I think i'm narrowing the field, someone or something throws a spanner in the works and I'm back to square one. Don't worry, I'll get there one day!!

Good luck with the build,

Redair.

G'day Case,

Congratulations on your decision to purchase the Zodiac. I look forward enormously to following your build progress. Did you go for the Quickbuild kit?

I am also trying to talk my wife into the idea of a 601XL too! Gotta move interstate before we go down that road though.

All the best,

Mike.

Guest Flyer40

Onya Case

I began my search wondering if there was anything better than the performance/safety/value equation of the Zodiac. After 12 months I seem to have gone full circle and arrived back at the Zodiac.

Thats the way Case.

My kit and the other two kits that are going to Brisbane have now left the factory. I have been told that they will arrive in Australia in early march. If we can be of any assistance feel free to contact us and i am sure that we will be looking forward to seeing your kit being built.

Ianrat

Thanks for the congrats and encouragement guys. The Zodiac was probably the first aircraft I looked at when I started. I've been backwards and forwards between a number of kits and finally it came down to a Jab or the Zodiac. I decided I'd go for the basic kit rather than the QB. This is a retirement project so hopefully I'll have plenty of time.

Congrats Case, and good luck.

Just a quick query, why did you go for the Zodiac?

I'm not questioning your choice or anything, but just ascertaining why you ended up there. For my mind, similar performance and value options would include the Sonex and Garry Morgan's Cheetah and Sierra.

I hope to be in a position to buy an aircraft or a kit in about 12 months, and so have been looking into various options, and as far as kits go, these three seem to be the best value, although I think understand the Sonex to have a longer build time.

Anyhow, I would be interested to gain an insight into your decision making process.

Guest Baphomet

I guess a possible answer might be, that however good the Sierra is, and Gary's support is (and I believe it is very good) his operation is essentially that of a 'one man band' and (heaven forbid) if he should suddenly find himself flying with angels for whatever reason, then support for the product vanishes. That and the fact that the small trade-off in performance simply means a few more hours in the cockpit (what a terrible prospect) means I am heading in the direction of the Zodiac myself. It seems to have an ideal mix of attributes

1. Large company with a good history and lots of type already flying

2. Tried and proven materials and construction methodology

3. Price competitive with kits of similar performance

4. Fast build available and excellent range of options

God, if I keep going I'll find myself placing an order!! better stop while I still have a +'ve bank balance.

Hi Kuzzy,

What Baphomet says above about covers it. Plus there is a lot of builder support and I also like the look of the Zodiac. It wasn't by any means a lay down misere for the Zodiac, more an accumulation points that in the end pushed me over the line.