Jabiru sp 2200

Guest Nelson Smith

Guest Nelson Smith

Hi all Jab owners,

Just wondering if any of you have installed a Trutrak Digi11

Auto pilot in your aircraft.I am about to start fitting one to ours, and would like some photos if possible.

Thanks in anticipation

Nelson

Guest Andys@coffs

Ive just finished fitting the trio Avionics EZ Pilot Autopilot and its associated servo. That was into a J230. Dont have any photos now, however will post some after the weekend. The head instrument was no big deal as you would expect, the Servo mounting was where the majority of the effort was expended.

I mounted my servo directly behind the pilots seat, after filling the depression between the seat and the undercarriage channel with shapped wood which was glassed and epoxied into place to provide a solid mounting base for the servo. I found that I needed to bring in the RH turn end stop (by about 4mm upwards) to ensure that no "Over Center" Servo condition could occur i.e. the servo drive arm must never rotate to be exactly parallel with the control rod that attaches to the Aileron drive horns that in turn attaches to both push-pull cables. If that were to occur then any force applied to the stick may lock the controls.

After adjusting the neutral roll servo center, system gains and pull in rates I can report that it is a fantastic add on. On Saturday flew a course from Gawler to overtop Truro and return hands off. Once trim was achieved I simply used throttle to maintain height. The GPS feeds the device with NMEA sentences and the GPS route is flown. Those long distance flights where the need to write or calculate enroute will be much more easily avhieved now.

<tounge in cheek> All I need is an alarm clock that can be heard over the engine noise to wake me up for the landing. If I fail to wake the Aircraft will just circle the last location in the route.... and a preprepared passenger briefing on the need to maintain a good lookout. :<)

Andy

Guest Andys@coffs
I dont think it will circle the destination .but I have been wwwwwrong before

Actually it is an option, check out this http://www.trioavionics.com/Manual%20rev%202%202.pdf pg 16

You can either circle the last waypoint or exit on the same heading as the course to the last waypoint.

Actually I also have the Alt hold module (not yet installed). If that could connect to the GPS (and it doesnt) then with one of the garmin 196-295-296 etc you could fly the vnav profile in addition to the track. The servo setup for that one will be a bit more difficult to setup

Andy

Guest brentc

Andy, I've seen the alt servo set up before in a Jab. If you PM me I'll try and find you a pic of where it was attached.

• 4 weeks later...