Journey into nowhere

Bianca79

Hi my name is bianca and I'm trying to find information in regards to my grandfather james theodore knight. Somene has written an article about him and his aircraft and their disappearance called journey into nowhere, and I would love to get a copy for my mother as this his her dad.

Many thanks in advance

Bianca

• Like 1

Journey into nowhere: [The story of pilot James Knight and the disappearance of his ex-RAAF Wackett CA.6, which crashed in South Australia in 1962, and despite one of the biggest aerial searches ever mounted in Australia, was only discovered three years later, well off course of his planned route between Ceduna and Cook]

Appears In

AOPA, v.60, no.6, July-Aug 2007, p.30-34 (ISSN: 1442-6056)

This is the magazine of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association. Someone may have it, otherwise contact AOPA or the National Library.

• Like 1

Hi Bianca - The Ad Astra website contains a short version of the loss of James Knight and his Wackett aircraft.

The story is in two parts, and there are names there, that you may be able to follow up - although many of those directly involved in the search and rescue are possibly deceased now as well, due to age.

http://www.adastron.com/adastra/people/wackett-1.htm

• Like 1

What happened to James Knight was a very important lesson for all pilots, and I think an Air Safety Digest (decades later) analysed the flight with the benefit of hindsight, for future pilots.The Air Safety Digest is out of print now, but there are plenty of copies.

If you can't find the story, PM me and I'll see if I can.

• Like 2