Lapsed registration: how to renew?

zodiac3813

Hi Everyone!

Somehow the renewal for my homebuilt Skyranger Swift aircraft was missed and a whole year has lapsed, until I started looking for a renewal notice among the myriad of emails...

Anyway, the upshot is that it has now been unregistered for a year, and I'm not sure what process is required to renew the registration. It is hangered, perfectly airworthy, well maintained etc... will I need to start a whole new registration, with a condition report? A renewal?

Anyone had a similar problem/experience?

I had a lapsed reg, due to not getting a mailed renewal. They back-dated the reg which meant I paid twice. No other action was required. I dunno if this is relevant to you.

I like thrusters advice of talking to them.

Thanks for the swift responses, it's definitely not pending or lapsed in the portal... I emailed the office and the response was "I’ve had a look at this aircraft record and I can see that unfortunately the registration for this aircraft expired back on 14th of May 2019 due to non-payment, with two renewal notices having gone out on the 14th of April 2019 and the 7th of May 2019".

Unfortunately nothing telling me what to do about it! I've emailed back for some guidance so I'll see what the responce is. Happy to have a condition report done, I just hope they don't want signed photos, weight & balance etc as they already have all that (I built the plane and registered it about 6 years ago)

I think that for registration to remain is must be continuous. This would mean paying last years and this years registration. If not then it will have to be re-registered with the associated documentation updated. It will be simpler and a lot less hassle and probably cost as well to pay 2 years registration fees.

Don't you love the system these days - as RAA give you what you already know BUT not an answer on how to fix it at the same time, wasting more time on both ends. Typical of most semi government process.

• Agree 1

The only information available from RAA says you must not let the aircraft registration lapse - but then, there's no information as to what to do, if it does lapse! Talk about deficient information!

You must have the approach to these things in"the show must go on" Box. but your plane has missed a couple of annuals even if not a 100 hourly. and a few actions might be required rather than just covering the arrears . I think you'd keep the same "numbers". Ring them up. Nev

You must have the approach to these things in"the show must go on" Box. but your plane has missed a couple of annuals even if not a 100 hourly. and a few actions might be required rather than just covering the arrears . I think you'd keep the same "numbers". Ring them up. Nev

It seems to still have been maintained and flown......just the rego lapsed.

There is absolutely no reason to make back payment. You start a new 12mth reg now. The numbers remain and you just follow a reg renewal process of giving raaus the details of hours etc and the fee - it’s not a factory build so l2 inspections not required Then you are off to the airfield or paddock as appropriate.

• Informative 1

Hi everyone, good news... A condition report plus updated photos were emailed, and a new renewal notice sent out by return email. All sorted within 48 hours :thumb up:

I agree with johnm that the plastic card mail-out was a far better system, no risk of email renewals buried by spam...

• Like 1