Looking for actual build costs for CH 750

w3stie

Hi. I've been a member of the forum for some years but not active. I'm starting to look at building costs and hoped someone knowledgable can answer the question of just how much a Zenith CH750 would cost to build. Assume a kit without engine, and basic electronics. Thanks in advance.

Rob

It costs nothing if your build it yourself of course..except your time :)....or are you after kit pricing ?.. I know a savannah kit is about 39K now but you get everything required to build it except radio and paint...then of course the engine and prop and any different avionics than is not already supplied in the kit. The Sav is supplied with a complete set of steam gauges

Guest andy3209595

Hi Rob,

FYI, I bought a CH750 kit about 5 years ago. Got it delivered into my driveway for about AUD $32K including the rotax 912 FWF kit. The dollar was a bit better then.

Been a slow build as I'm away a lot, but I'm just about at the stage of mounting the wings. Engine and avionics yet to be purchased.

Zenith are great to deal with.

If you're around Canberra, you're welcome to come and have a look.

Andrew

Guest andy3209595

Kit bought through Australian agent. To get it over here, I used C and H Freight Forwarding in Melbourne who were great to deal with. The whole exercise was a very simple and smooth process.

Kit bought through Australian agent. To get it over here, I used C and H Freight Forwarding in Melbourne who were great to deal with. The whole exercise was a very simple and smooth process.

Don't understand, you bought it through the Oz agent but you had to import it yourself?

Guest andy3209595

Yep, firstly paid for the kit through the oz agent, then got C and H Freight to collect it from Zenith and deliver it to home.

• 3 weeks later...

I have built a 750. Imported the kit direct from the factory. No problems dealing with them and the support is great. They have a forum with builder resources and back up

from the engineers if needed. I can not recommend them enough. There are a LOT of these flying in the US. Spares are delivered within a week or so.

The cost of the kit landed here was about 30k. Any more info,I am happy to let you know. Just message me. PS. this was about 5 years ago. Flying for 2 years now. Cheers

• Like 2