Back into flying after a big break

joeyo68

Hi all,

I got back into flying this year after a 9 year break from it. One of the guys at my new job has a pilot certificate, and after talking with him, i decided to fly again. Money is a bit tight, so can't fly as much as I would like. I got my pilot certificate in June, but only joined the forum recently. Its a great forum, with lots of interesting reading. I fly out of Tyabb in Victoria, and have been flying in their Gazelle's and their Cessna 162.

Hi all,I got back into flying this year after a 9 year break from it. One of the guys at my new job has a pilot certificate, and after talking with him, i decided to fly again. Money is a bit tight, so can't fly as much as I would like. I got my pilot certificate in June, but only joined the forum recently. Its a great forum, with lots of interesting reading. I fly out of Tyabb in Victoria, and have been flying in their Gazelle's and their Cessna 162.

Welcome back to flying joyou68, and also to these forums. Was down your way this arvo, but now back in Sydney.

How did you find the Cessna 162?

Welcome back to flying joyou68, and also to these forums. Was down your way this arvo, but now back in Sydney.How did you find the Cessna 162?

"Opened my eyes and there it was, sitting on the pan." augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

Hi Planedriver,

The 162 is pretty easy to fly. The control yolk/stick is a little different with the sideways movement, but I got used to it pretty quickly. It was a bit more touchy on landing than the Gazelle, but overall not too bad. I do not like the PFD. Having always flown with analogue gauges, the PFD takes some getting used to.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi all,I got back into flying this year after a 9 year break from it. One of the guys at my new job has a pilot certificate, and after talking with him, i decided to fly again. Money is a bit tight, so can't fly as much as I would like. I got my pilot certificate in June, but only joined the forum recently. Its a great forum, with lots of interesting reading. I fly out of Tyabb in Victoria, and have been flying in their Gazelle's and their Cessna 162.

Hi Joey,

Welcome back. I have been to Tyabb a few times and it seems like a good place to fly from.

Enjoy your flying!

Cheers

Neil