Melbourne to Perth

Kiter

Hi all,

I’m thinking about flying my Brumby from Moorabbin to Jandakot (and back) and am looking for suggestions on places to stop/stay/refuel on the way and any other advice.

I have not flown west of Kangaroo Island before and will have no particular timetable, so can take my time.

Thanks for the responses so far.

I'm thinking departing in the next week or so, so the biggest question mark might be COVID19, although I figure remote Australia is good!

The Brumby cruises at about 105 knots and has almost 6 hours endurance, although the bum goes numb well before then! It runs on 98 Mogas or Avgas.

Guest Machtuk

Just make sure you are well equiped for survival in a remote environment. Shelter is yr first priority followed by water then food.

Might sound dramatic but play Boy Scout (always be prepared) and have fun?

Nulabor motel/roadhouse is good for overnight stay. Motor to boom gate, turn off motor and pull to bowser.....

Overnight at Forrest possible. No ulp and expensive avgas. Museum is good to see.

http://www.forrestairport.com.au/

Kalgoorlie or Esperance for avgas. Esperance airport well out of town. Myrup airport close to esperance if you want to overnight and/or ferry ulp. PM for Myrup contact details.

• Like 1