Plane Plastics

Ferris

Hi I'm trying to find some aftermarket interior plastics for a C172. There's plenty on Google in the States but not much here in Oz. Does anybody know of an Australian seller? Cheers Ferris.

I am looking at interiors for my C152 - try the Aviation Trader for Australian suppliers. I looked at one supplier in Australia - Aeroplastics Aerospace Plastic Components

The alternative to plastic is fibreglass - much easier to repair - and there are manufacturers out there who do it. The plastics for my C152 came in beige or black, but they can also be painted.

Plane Plastics - Airplane and Helicopter Interior Plastic PartsThis site is very easy to search - go to Express Look Up - make, model, serial and you get the full list of interiors available. Even the amount of beading you need is calculated. You then have a list of the part numbers and pieces you need to start getting quotes. They also have full sheets of decals & placards.

Our LAME suggested we go for a "kit" - that is a full refurbishment - as he thought we may find that cheaper than buying individual pieces for only what we needed (which is nearly everything). The plan is to repaint the aircraft and the option of being able to paint the plastic with FAA approved paint is worth considering to get a coordinated look. My plane was owned by a LAME who painted the interior so our newer (10yr old) bits look out of place being a different shade of beige.

CASA allow pilots to remove and install interiors.

Let us know how you get on.

Sue

Hi Sue, thanks for the info. I only need to replace 1 section which was broken by a pax. I was looking for an Australian supplier as freight from the States is I am told very expensive due to the bulky nature of the packaging. I'll give them a ring during the week. Once again, thanks. Cheers Ferris.