Lycoming 0320 0360 cost to buy

nblight

Just doing some comparison and ball park costing and trying to get information on costs for lycoming engines, plenty of infor on US prices but not much around on pricing in aus.

Obviously there are a lot of variables here eg TTR but looking at averages and ball parks rather then specifics.

For used 0320 or 0360 what is the most common TTR sold out there and what is a general price you should budget for.

What is the price for a new engine certified/ non certified after shipping etc to australia

I am looking for an engine for an CH300 experimental GA aircraft with engine range of 125 - 180 HP. Designers recommendation in 1970 was for a Lycoming 320.

Thanks

Nick

A brand new ECI OX-340S with:

• 7.2:1 Pistons

• Dynafocal 1 mount

• 14mm plug bosses & automotive plugs all round

• Dual P-Mags

• Low-pressure, engine-driven fuel pump

• 2 hours break-in on their test cell

• But without a carb (Used a Rotec TBI instead)

cost me $25,604 USD, a few years ago, including crating but excluding shipping when the $$ was at parity, or close enough. Shipping was another $1,000-1500, IIRC, airfreight. Then another $3,000 GST and freight forwarder charges on top of that, for close enough to $30,000 AUD.

Given you're considering both a -320 and -360, don't overlook the -340 too. The weight of an O-320, but if you go standard (or high) compression pistons, throw in EI as well, you'll have the more power than your average O-360. I have 20 hours on mine now in an RV-9 and can't fault it.

the weight of a Lycoming O-360 should be about the same as an O-320, given that the difference is the crank throw being greater for an O-360. The prices given above are about the same as I for an O-320 about 4 years ago.

There is an ad in aviation trader for an O-300C 1400 HTR suit C172 Including whole plane if required. I bet that is a first class C172.

• 1 year later...
Just doing some comparison and ball park costing and trying to get information on costs for lycoming engines, plenty of infor on US prices but not much around on pricing in aus.Obviously there are a lot of variables here eg TTR but looking at averages and ball parks rather then specifics.

For used 0320 or 0360 what is the most common TTR sold out there and what is a general price you should budget for.

What is the price for a new engine certified/ non certified after shipping etc to australia

I am looking for an engine for an CH300 experimental GA aircraft with engine range of 125 - 180 HP. Designers recommendation in 1970 was for a Lycoming 320.

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick..

I have an AO-360 with only 302 hrs from new.. I bought it in a J2 gyroplane which sat in a shed for over 25 years.. I had it overhauled in about 2001-2, corrosion damage required cam shaft grind, con rods, cyls bored to max and full certification check.. I had it in the J2 for 10 years with ground runs only.. It had a prop strike in a taxi incident in 2010.. It has not run since but stored inhibited and occasionally turned over.. Its set up for const speed prop and would need crank case split to re-configure for fixed pitch prop.. I have not had crack detect done or run-out but I am sure it will check out ok. I wanted it for another project but now thinking of selling..