Nowra Albatross Fly-In and Museum display on May 25th

Nowra Albatross Fly-In and Fleet Air Arm Museum Open Day on May 25th

I notice that this is described as a Fly-In and Museum Open Day, but does anyone know what else goes on and is it worth attending?

I have spoken to them today and prior approval is needed to fly-in, but has anyone been before who can report on what goes on.

Is it the Museum Aircraft or currently active serving aircraft that are the attraction, or is it just the Fly-In aircraft that are all on display.

Regards Geoff:yuk:

As further data on this Fly-In, below is the text of an advisory that the Navy mailed to me today:

Dear Visiting Pilot

HMAS ALBATROSS FLEET AIR ARM MUSEUM OPEN DAY

Thank you for agreeing to attend the HMAS ALBATROSS MUSEUM OPEN DAY on Sunday 25th May 2008. The Open Day is part of the celebration to commemorate the 60th Anniversary of the Fleet Air Arm and HMAS ALBATROSS. We greatly appreciate your support.

Please ring the Airfield Co-ordination Centre (ACC) on (02) 4424 1755, during airfield working hours, prior to 23 May 08, to obtain an approval to operate into the Naval Air Station, as outlined in ERSA. Please also check the Nowra NOTAMS for Air Traffic Control requirements and possible airfield restrictions. Flying will not be permitted between 1000 (local) and 1330 (local) therefore you should plan to arrive before 1000; departures can commence after 1330.

Thanks again for supporting the Fleet Air Arm Museum. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to call LCDR Doug Purvis or CPO Jim Hill (02) 4424 1121 or (02) 4424 1826.

Yours sincerely

CMDR Ted Wynberg

HMAS ALBATROSS

60th Anniversary Co-ordinator

Unquote