July 2007

Guest Fred Bear

hang gliding pics

The following photos were taken in 2003 by a friend. They are somewhat grainy because they were not digital photos and I have scanned them from old photographs. I was taking off from stanwell park in Moyes XT-165 hangglider.

takeoffstanwel01_2003.JPG.06657a57e6c0301ce47fd7e6506d7371.JPG

flyingstanwell01_2003.JPG.0ff4d8f47522239faffa7ae0c2e54369.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

My wife Hellen taking off in our Sportstar just after type conversion about 2 years ago.

Going to miss her when she is gone 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif , she is up for sale as I have a new one arriving soon. ( the plane that is!!!!!!!;) )

Higher res pic available.

1758073717_4010takeoff.thumb.jpg.3d94b958eeae03421b91d9fb86a68f5b.jpg

Guest Fred Bear

Nice pics. Nomis, you have made my day with the overfly pic. When and where did you take that one?

This time a submission on behalf of my brother, who is becoming quite the snapper! BTW I already have AF subscription so if his pic's win he gets it, he is aware and has allowed permission to upload for him. He took this C310R at CG earlier this yr, this is a nice machine seen it around BK a few times before.

And lastly my own entry, I used a slower shutter speed to get the blurred effect I want while my best mate and to be best man at my wedding taxied our PA31-350 VH-MKK to the Air BP bowser in Wagga while we waited for the local AAE bloke to turn up before we headed home to SY on a late Friday Arvo Via CTM.

Guest Decca

Great Photos

Chris I agree with Peter re the Strikemaster, but Mr crazy diamond SNR's shot of the 737 wing (above) must be in the running too.

Regards, Decca.

Incoming Trojan!!!

1_Trojan_landing_5_-_Raglan_2005.jpg

Taken at Raglan 2005. Standing on the road below the approach end of the strip.

This image has not been cropped, it WAS that close!!!!!

Higher resolution image available.

Guest Fred Bear

An excellent variety of pics all!!!!! Thanks for the info too Nomis :) That is one clean DJ (Virgin) 738 wing!!

Highflyer. The Trojan shot at raglan must have been before the threshold was moved. In those days you had to duck sometimes as the piano keys were about 15' away and at head height.

Guest S Ross

JULY PHOTO COMPETITION

The entries for the month of July have been judged and there's no standout winner, so I am combining the months of July and August in the hope that someone will submit something very special. We're after quality results in the areas of composition, subject focus and light. No images in this lot display all three, so please keep trying. The main thing is that you're all enjoying each other's photos, so that's got to be a good outcome.

Until next month, safe flying.